2021 WAEC Tourism Questions and Answers
WAEC Tourism 2021 Essay Answers
2021 Tourism ESSAY
1. Tourism can be defined as a
A. permanent movement of people to other countries is search of work.
B. temporary movement of people to destinations outside where they live.
C. temporary movement of people for recreation, leisure or business.
D. permanent change in location of people within a country.
2. Which of the following is an outstanding benefit of tourism to an economy?
A. Manpower training
B. Rapid industrialization
C. Foreign exchange earning
D. Geographical mapping
WAEC Tourism Questions 2021 and Answers Part 2
3. Which of the following is not a major component of tourism?
4. Which of the following statements best describes excursion?
A. Internal movement to destinations which involve overnight stay
B. Long trips which do not involve overnight stay but require accommodation
C. Short trips between two countries which involve overnight stay
D. Short trips which do not involve overnight stay
5. Which of the following is a prominent business resort in Nigeria?
A. Tinapa Resort, Calabar
B. Old Oyo National park
C. Lagos Bar Beach
D. Centre for Black culture and Arts, Osogbo
6. For how long is a passport normally valid?
A. 3 years
B. 4 years
C. 5 years
D. 20 years
WAEC 2021 Tourism Question And Answers SECTION C:
7. When a passenger fails to obtain a required compulsory vaccination and health
certificate before travelling to another country, the passenger will normally
A. be deported or quarantined.
B. be made to pay a fine in millions of dollars.
C. have to remain at the airport indefinitely unattended to.
D. be taken to a psychiatric hospital as punishment.
8. A good way of beginning a successful tourism company is by
A. borrowing loans and starting really big.
B. developing a vision of how you would build up the business.
C. competing aggressively with the market leader.
D. hiring a team of consultants from abroad.
WAEC Tourism 2021 Essay Answers Part 4
1. State briefly, the four forms of tourism.
2. The table below contains tourist attractions in Nigeria and their locations.
Copy the table and fill in the blank spaces.
More On WAEC Tourism Questions 2021 and Answers
(a) What is tourism?
(b) Highlight five reasons why people travel.
(c) State three financial support services in tourism.
(a) Distinguish between travel agency and travel agent.
(b) Outline five characteristics of a good travel agent.
(c) Highlight three functions of travel agency.
(a) Outline five major functions of the Nigerian Tourism Development Corporation (NTDC).
(b) What is the relationship between the Federal Ministry of Culture, Tourism and National Orientation (FMCT/NO) with Nigerian Tourism Development Corporation (NTDC)?
(c) Highlight three roles of the National Institute for Hospitality and Tourism (NIHOTOUR) in Nigeria.
Note that we will always provide questions and answers for FREE!!! So bookmark now and click yes when asked to receive notification so that you can know when we post new answers.