President Cyril Ramaphosa has been granted an interim by Gauteng deputy judge president Roland Sutherland to prevent the private prosecution of former president Jacob Zuma.
This after the Johannesburg high court reserved its decision in the civil case heard by a full bench on Thursday of last week.
Sutherland stated that there is a prima facie case of a violation of personal rights and freedom, noting that the urgency of the situation was self-created.
“It is for these reasons that we have ordered the issue on the following terms: First, the application is urgent, and the uniform rules of court forms and service requirements are waived.
“Two, pending the final determination of part B, the first respondent is prohibited from taking any further steps to give effect to the nolle prosequi certificates dated 21 November 2022 and 6 June 2022, and the summonses issued by the registrar on the 15th and 21st of December 2022, or to pursue private prosecution case number 59 77 2 of 2022 against the applicant in any way.
“Third, the expenditure incurred as a result of this emergency application shall be reserved. Four of the parties’ representatives are ordered to contact the Johannesburg offices of the deputy judge president as soon as possible in order to schedule a meeting to fix a date for the hearing of part B.
Ramaphosa will not have to appear in court on Thursday as a result of the ruling.
Ramaphosa petitioned the high court for an urgent interdict of former president Zuma’s private prosecution, in which Zuma accuses Ramaphosa of being a “accessory” in the Zuma against Karin Maughan and Billy Downer case.
↯↯↯Read More On The Topic On TDPel Media ↯↯↯
Also On TDPel Media
- Queens NYPD seeking for man who randomly assaulted women
- Florida adolescent Aiden Fucci admits to fatally stabbing 13-year-old cheerleader Tristyn Bailey
- Former Goldman Sachs executive Harvey Schwartz has been named CEO of Carlyle Group
- Bethany Hamilton, a surfer, says she will not compete against trans women
- I almost perished from $117K in black-market BBL injections
- “The View” Jokes About Bored Ben Affleck at Grammys: “J.Lo Should’ve Brought” Mum
- National Enquirer acquired for $100 million to indicted former MoviePass CEO: report
- Dell is eliminating almost 6,500 positions as the PC market declines
- Rasta The Artist honors Riky Rick at Cotton Festival 2023
- Emirates now offers MORE Cape Town flights