If you notice that indexing of your URLs by search engines, especially Google search is slow, then its time to check your website.
Getting your webpages indexed by Google or any other major search engine is extremely important. Pages that are not indexed by Google cannot rank.
When your webpage does not get indexed, it may directly mean that Google may not be able to easily crawl it. So, if your indexed page count begins to decrease, this could mean your website is penalized or Google cannot crawl your pages.
Things to check are:
- Google Crawl report
- Your site’s robots instructions (robots, .httaccess files, meta robots)
- Content Frequency
- Internal Linking structure
- Any hurdles that Google or any other search engine bots facing on the website. Check out the bot stimulator.
- Check for desktop and mobile speed
- Broken URL report
- Run the website via SEO checkup tools to understand the technical part in details, like redirections, http access request, etc..