A suspected California serial killer who was already facing three murder raps has been charged in four more slayings, authorities said.
Wesley Brownlee allegedly started his ambush-style killing spree in April 2021 before resuming up where he left off a year later, according to County of San Joaquin court documents filed Tuesday.
Brownlee is suspected of shooting and killing Juan Vasquez Serrano on 10 April 2021 and Mervin Harmon six days later. The men were slain a few miles west of Stockton in Alameda County.
On the same day as the murder of Harmon, Brownlee allegedly attempted to murder Natasha Jeanne Latour. She endured.
According to the records, the alleged serial murderer may not have drawn the shot until 11 April, when he reportedly murdered Salvador Debudey Jr. in Stockton. Brownlee then reportedly murdered Paul Yaw in July, according to the filing.
Brownlee was arrested in October after police discovered him driving around Stockton streets “on a mission to kill” while wearing a black mask and carrying a revolver.
Unknown is the motive for the killings. Police say that none of the victims were robbed.
Brownlee’s criminal record consists of traffic infractions and drug charges dating back to his arrest when he was 15 years old.
He has also been slammed with a litany of other counts, including felon possession of a handgun and possession of ammunition. Brownlee will appear in court on January 3.
↯↯↯Read More On The Topic On TDPel Media ↯↯↯
Also On TDPel Media
- R32 million PowerBall winner has come forward to claim their prize
- “My time will come”: Andile Mpisane responds to coach’s remarks
- Jake White returns to the Bulls following a near-death encounter
- Three people were killed and many others were injured in a major crash in Pretoria
- Seismic death toll surpasses 15,000, rescue chances diminish
- Connecticut socialite who secretly recorded youngsters is released early from prison
- Manchester United requested sponsorship from SA
- Additions to the Chiefs’ starting eleven
- Celeb-loved We adore the new dry shampoo from Olaplex
- Terry Bradshaw makes jokes on-air about dying. “Consider the ratings”