Following the announcement that Alec Baldwin would be charged with two counts of involuntary manslaughter for the murder of cinematographer Halyna Hutchins on the set of his film Rust, the actor’s attorney issued a statement.
In October 2021, while rehearsing a scene for the film in which he starred and produced, Baldwin fired what he believed to be a “cold gun,” murdering Hutchins and wounded director Joel Souza. He has since maintained his innocence, even saying in an ABC News interview that “someone put a live bullet in the gun” without his knowledge.
According to Deadline, Baldwin’s attorney, Luke Nikas, stated, “This decision distorts the tragic death of Halyna Hutchins and represents a horrific miscarriage of justice.” Mr. Baldwin had no reason to believe that there was a live bullet in the gun or anyplace else on the film set. The professionals with whom he worked informed him that the rifle did not contain live ammunition. We will fight these accusations and prevail.”
Hannah Gutierrez-Reed is also being charged with the same crimes as Baldwin. Her attorney, Jason Bowles, stated that she “has always been extremely emotional and sad about this tragic accident” despite the fact that she did not conduct the crime for which she is being prosecuted.
According to Deadline, he stated, “These charges are the result of a very flawed investigation and an inaccurate understanding of all the facts.” “We intend to reveal the entire truth and are confident that Hannah will be found not guilty by a jury.”
In an interview with CNN, New Mexico’s First Judicial District Attorney Mary Carmack-Altwies commented on the allegations brought forth. She stated, “An actor doesn’t get a free pass just because they’re an actor,” adding, “Just because it was an accident doesn’t mean it wasn’t criminal.”
An inquiry indicated, according to the prosecutor, that “people were complaining about safety on site” and that Baldwin, who is also a producer, “should have been aware that safety was a problem… Then, as an actor on that day, he should have checked the rifle and its ammunition.”
↯↯↯Read More On The Topic On TDPel Media ↯↯↯
Also On TDPel Media
- British school principal found dead in apparent murder-suicide: police
- Rescue canine is helping Mark Pilgrim realize his ambition
- Onstage at the Grammys, Harry Styles’ dancers expose a technical problem
- How Amber Rose discusses OnlyFans and stripping with her nine-year-old son Sebastian
- Roman Reigns Bloodline saga reveals WWE’s decade-long creative error
- Tennessee police chief sacked over ex-sex cop’s escapades
- SWISS launches Premium Economy to Johannesburg
- Concerned fans regarding Anthony Anderson’s weight reduction
- Wealth of South Africa’s Grammy winner Nomcebo Zikode and more
- RUMOR: A major decision has been made about the future of a key Kaizer Chiefs player