Warren Wilson, his wife Amelia, and their nine children aged from 4 to 21, lost everything in June when their property in the western Sydney suburb of Smithfield went up in flames

Warren Wilson, his wife Amelia, and their nine children aged from 4 to 21, lost everything in June when their property in the western Sydney suburb of Smithfield went up in flames

In order to utilize the money for his mother’s burial, a father who rescued his family from a fire and watched his home burn down cancelled their home insurance earlier this year.

Warren Wilson, a father of nine children, admitted that he missed payments because he used all of his money to bid her a proper farewell.

The heroic father has decided to rebuild the family, no matter how long it takes, despite the fact that they are currently homeless.

He explained to A Current Affair, “We didn’t have insurance since my mother passed away in February and all I had I put it towards her funeral.”

I didn’t pay the insurance, but I’m the one to blame—not anyone else.

It doesn’t matter, but having them is the blessing, he added. “I have all these lovely kids, and I know one day we will all be OK and work together and rebuild and rebuild better.”

When their home in the Smithfield neighborhood of western Sydney caught fire in June, Mr. Wilson, his wife Amelia, and their nine children, who ranged in age from four to 21, were left with nothing.

The devoted father, who works a night shift and is the family’s only source of income, told Daily Mail Australia that he had just arrived home when he heard his daughter cry “fire!” at around 6.40am.

He remarked, “My wife was ironing the kids’ clothes to get them ready for school as I made my way to bed after night shift.”

Then, as I went to check on my daughter, I noticed that her electric heater was on fire. “Fire! fire!” my daughter had said.

According to Mr. Wilson, the fire soon spread to the mattress, and in just a few short seconds, flames had reached the roof. He then gave the order for everyone to leave the residence.

I intended to try to put out the fire by removing the heater from the wall, but by the time I did, the flames had already spread to the front of the bed, up to the roof, and I heard the heater burst. He said, “It sounded like a bomb went off.

His boys assisted in carrying the younger girls, who were still dozing in bed, out as swiftly as they could.

He heard “boom, boom, boom” as the windows burst and the building caught fire just as they were a few meters from the residence.

He claimed that it must have taken only a few minutes for the entire house to catch fire after the fire started.

The fire chief who arrived on the site said to me, “It was like gone in about 60 seconds and if we had stayed even a minute longer we would all have died.”

The most distressing element, according to Mr. Wilson, was witnessing his hard-earned family home vanish in front of his helpless eyes.

People don’t understand how difficult it is to end up as a nobody with nowhere to turn, he added.

I feel like I’m standing there with my nine children, thinking that all I’ve worked for is gone—I’m finished.

I don’t want anyone to experience that sadness since it is so intense.

The fear you experience, feeling totally helpless and as though your life has been ripped away before you even realize what has happened.

Amazingly, only Mr. Wilson needed medical attention and was sent to Westmead Hospital after inhaling smoke.

The family reported that they had received a tremendous amount of help from the neighborhood, particularly from neighbors, their parish, and the kids’ school.

“Everyone has been incredible.” Wilson stated, “I have never seen people band together like this and help someone so much.

I feel incredibly fortunate and humbled by the outpouring of love and support.

A close friend, Teresa Culjak, started a GoFundMe to support the Wilson family and more than $45,000 has been received so far.

»Share Your Opinion On TDPel Media«