– TDPel Jobs
Save the Children is the leading independent organization for children in need, with programs in over 120 countries. We save children’s lives. We fight for their rights. We help them fulfil their potential. Save the Children is working in Nigeria because one in five children in Nigeria dies before their fifth birthday. About 40% of children miss out on school and have to work to survive while nearly 2 million children have lost one or both parents to an AIDS-related disease.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Warehouse & Asset Officer
Ref No: 2100044X
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Employee Status: Permanent
- Level 3. The responsibilities of this post may require the post holder to have regular contact with children and young people.
- The post holder will be tasked with facilitating and coordinating smooth operations which include receiving, storing despatching and reporting all goods and supplies that pass through the Maiduguri warehouse system.
- The post holder will also be responsible for ensuring proper stock keeping records, effective use of space available, and coordination with various departments including programs and procurement on storage needs.
Key Areas Of Accountability
- Establish detailed mapping of available storage facilities and maintain up-to-date stock records for each area/facility. This includes bin cards, stock cards, spread sheets, and clearly labelled goods.
- Maintain Total Inventory Management (TIM) system for Maiduguri AO warehouse.
- Maintain appropriate stock of frequently used supplies through establishing a reorder level consistent with monthly usage
- Liaise with the procurement team and Admin team to ensure all stored materials earmarked for a specific location are made ready for onward transport, either by charter, SC vehicles, or hired trucks to maximize storage space
- Safeguarding commodities from any type of damages. To this effect, the store keeper must ensure that:
- Storage is safe and clean, and protects commodities from damage and loss
- Expiry dates of perishable commodities are regularly followed
- Goods are kept according to their homogeneity, and all materials must be kept visibly separate.
- Establish procedures for depositing and withdrawing goods from stores and conduct regular inventory checks
- Prepare and submit Weekly, Monthly, and Quarterly Stock Reports to the line manager as needed
- Ensure warehouses are clean and goods are well organized according to their type and homogeneity at all times
- Ensure the effective and efficient use of all Save the Children resources in order to keep costs low and ensure safety in the workplace
- Lead, manage and motivate a team, ensuring that they have clear objectives and receive meaningful feedback on their performance.
- Ensure that all incoming assets are registered in the asset database before issuing them to the requesters and field offices.
- Maintain Maiduguri AO Asset register and update on monthly bases.
- Advise your line manager on potential disposable assets.
- Carry out regular Maiduguri AO asset verification.
- Maintain all warehouse & Asset files adequately.
Additional Job Responsibilities:
- The duties and responsibilities as set out above are not exhaustive and the role holder may be required to carry out additional duties within reasonableness of their level of skills and experience.
Qualifications and Experience
- B.Sc / HND in Supply Management/Logistics/Accounting or other relevant studies
- Minimum of 3 years post NYSC relevant experience working with INGOs in NE Nigeria
- Experience working in a relatively insecure field-based environment
- Able to communicate excellently in English: can speak and writes well
- A good team player
- Experience working with Save the Children is desirable
- Computer Literacy (MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook, etc.)
- Commitment to and understand Save the Children aims, values and principles
- Commitment to children’s rights and principles of equal opportunity
- A high level of computer literacy (Word, Excel, PPT, etc).
Behaviours (Values in Practice)
- Holds self-accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modelling Save the Children values
- Holds the team and partners accountable to deliver on their responsibilities – giving them the freedom to deliver in the best way they see fit, providing the necessary development to improve performance and applying appropriate consequences when results are not achieved.
- Sets ambitious and challenging goals for themselves and their team, takes responsibility for their own personal development and encourages their team to do the same
- Widely shares their personal vision for Save the Children, engages and motivates others
- Future-oriented, thinks strategically and on a global scale.
- Builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, Members and external partners and supporters
- Values diversity, sees it as a source of competitive strength
- Approachable, good listener, easy to talk to.
- Develops and encourages new and innovative solutions
- Willing to take disciplined risks.
- Honest, encourages openness and transparency; demonstrates highest levels of integrity.
Application Closing Date
23rd June, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: Female candidates are encouraged to apply.