The renowned British designer Vivienne Westwood, who is credited with popularizing punk style, passed away on December 29 at the age of 81.
According to a tweet from her own fashion brand, the style icon passed away “peacefully and surrounded by her family, in Clapham, South London.”
“Vivienne continued to do the things she loved, up to the last moment, designing, working on her art, writing her book, and influencing the world for the better,” the brand wrote on Instagram in a post announcing the sad news. She had a remarkable life. Her contribution to invention over the past 60 years has been enormous and will endure.
↯↯↯Read More On The Topic On TDPel Media ↯↯↯
Also On TDPel Media
- 6-year-old kills teacher, Abby Zwerner
- President Joe Biden’s second State of the Union
- Taliban grumble about their sad lives after taking over Afghanistan
- Royal expert says Prince Harry’s “older woman” discussing their encounter will hurt the Duchess of Sussex
- Massive earthquake hits Syria and Turkey, killing around 1,300 people
- On the Auckland-Kuala Lumpur Malaysia Airlines flight, schoolchildren handstand
- After Epsom College head Emma Pattison’s death, police investigate a “murder-suicide.”
- Domestic violence conviction removes Dizzee Rascal song off coronation playlist
- Elderton Homes management stops work, leaving Kelly Sharples with a half-finished house
- 31-year-old sex monster imprisoned for impersonating Tyson Fury’s cousin