University Librarian at King David University of Medical Sciences (KDUMS) – TDPel Jobs
King David University of Medical Sciences (KDUMS) Uburu, Ohaozara LGA, Ebonyi State is designed as an ultra-modern 21st century state-of-the-art International Medical Sciences University. The University’s central goal is for specialized manpower development in the most conducive environment in all aspects of medical specialties with the highest form of professionalism, ethics and excellence.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: University Librarian
Location: Uburu, Ebonyi
The Position and Duties
- The University Librarian is a Principal Officer of the University responsible to the Vice-Chancellor for the administration and management of the University Library and the coordination of the Library services in all the Departments, Faculties, Colleges, Institutes and other academic units of the University.
- The successful candidate will be expected to provide leadership and guidance to the University Management in all aspects of Library matters including e-library.
Candidate for this post:
- Must not be less than a Deputy University Librarian / Reader / Associate Professor by rank and should possess a good Honours Degree, Master’s and Ph.D in Library / Information Science from a recognized University.
- He/she must have at least fifteen (15) years relevant experience in the University system, not less than five (5) of which must be at the level of Deputy University Librarian / Reader / Associate Professor.
- The candidate must show evidence of substantial contribution to knowledge through research and scholarly publications in reputable journals. In addition, the candidate should be able to show a clear understanding of modern day University Library, demonstrate considerable experience in its management and administration.
- The candidate must have the ability to initiate research and must be knowledgeable in the application of relevant computer softwares and library operations / services, especially the e-library.
- The candidate must be at least a registered member of the Library Registration Council of Nigeria (LRCN), and must not be older 55 years at the time of assumption of duty.
Salary / Conditions of Service
- The appointment is for one year contract, while salary and other conditions of service shall be as approved for Librarians of Nigerian Universities by the Federal Government of Nigeria and the Governing Council of King David University of Medical Sciences, Uburu.
Application Closing Date
13th August, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates are required to submit fifteen (15) copies of their applications and Curriculum Vitae and photocopies of their credentials. The curriculum vitae should highlight the following:
- Full name (Surname First in Capital Letters)
- Place and date of Birth
- Marital Status
- Number and Ages of Children
- E-mail Address and Phone Number(s)
- Postal Address
- Permanent Home Address
- State of Origin and LGA
- Schools attended and qualifications obtained with dates (photocopies of certificates to be attached)
- Previous employment(s), position(s), Date(s)
- Details of Administrative Experience (with dates)
- Present Employment, Status, Salary and Dates
- Extra-Curricular Activities
- Membership of Professional Bodies
- Names and Addresses of 3 referees
Applications should be submitted under confidential cover in sealed envelopes marked, “Position of University Librarian” to:
The Acting Vice-Chancellor,
King David University of Medical Sciences (KDUMS),
Uburu, Ohaozara LGA,
- Candidate must provide a Vision Statement of not more than 500 words relating to the University in his/her tenure with particular reference to the administration of the Library of the University.
Note: Applicants are expected to request their referees to forward their reports under confidential cover; directly to the Vice-Chancellor.