Two murderers have been condemned to life in jail for the murder of Zandile Zondo, a traditional healer.
Together with a third individual, the murderers planned to murder Zondo at her homestead in KwaZulu-Natal due to a property dispute.
Duduzile Philisiwe Gumbi and Ngcebo Shepard Khuzwayo were given life sentences for the murder of Zondo by the Mtunzini High Court in Durban, KwaZulu-Natal.
According to the National Prosecutions Authority (NPA), Khuzwayo was sentenced to an additional two years and six months for illegal possession of a weapon.
Prior to the trial, their co-accused Fisokuhle Mfeka was diagnosed with mental illness and designated a state patient.
Natasha Ramkisson-Kara, regional spokesperson for the NPA, said that Gumbi and Zondo were embroiled in a land dispute.
This is when Gumbi decided to enlist assistance to murder her.
She enlisted the aid of Khuzwayo, who in turn sought aid from Mfeka.
According to the NPA, Zondo’s murderers feigned to consult her as a traditional healer on the day she was murdered.
“On the day of the incident in February 2017, the men armed themselves with a firearm and went to Zondo’s house under the pretence of seeking a consultation.
“Once alone with her, Mfeka shot and fatally wounded Zondo,” Ramkisson-Kara said.
She said that after Zondo was shot, the murderers fled the scene.
Gumbi later paid Khuzwayo an amount of money, and a few weeks later, all three perpetrators were caught for Zondo’s murder.
State ‘s Advocate Dan Magwaza used cellphone evidence and Gumbi’s confession to establish the state’s case.
Magwaza also submitted a victim impact statement written by Zondo’s daughter and supported by Court Preparation Officer Amanda Pretty Nxumala.
The daughter said in her testimony that her mother was a nice and loving person, and that her mother’s murder had broken her family apart.
Natasha Ramkisson-Kara said: “She said her mother was killed at their homestead and that being at home was a constant reminder that she was dead, and they cannot move past that.”
For murdering traditional healer Zondo, the court sentences each defendant to life in prison.
Additionally, the court declared them unsuitable to carry a handgun.
The judge denied the murderers’ request for permission to file an appeal.
The National Prosecution Authority congratulated the successful prosecution and praised the efforts of the National Prosecution Authority and the police.
↯↯↯Read More On The Topic On TDPel Media ↯↯↯
Also On TDPel Media
- How Amber Rose discusses OnlyFans and stripping with her nine-year-old son Sebastian
- Roman Reigns Bloodline saga reveals WWE’s decade-long creative error
- Tennessee police chief sacked over ex-sex cop’s escapades
- SWISS launches Premium Economy to Johannesburg
- Concerned fans regarding Anthony Anderson’s weight reduction
- Wealth of South Africa’s Grammy winner Nomcebo Zikode and more
- RUMOR: A major decision has been made about the future of a key Kaizer Chiefs player
- police sex monster As of this now, David Carrick is guaranteed a life sentence
- Three NBA superstars whose futures are in jeopardy as a result of the Kyrie Irving trade
- Ice-T mocks a Grammy guest who is observing Coco Austin: “Completely understand”