Treasury Analyst at Flour Mills of Nigeria Plc – TDPel Jobs
Flour Mills of Nigeria Plc has been a part of the lives of Nigerians at home and abroad. Our global vision is to be a leading foods company in Africa providing high quality and affordable products in the most convenient ways to consumers through world class brands like Golden Penny Flour, Golden Penny Semovita, Goldenvita, Golden Pasta and Golden Noodles. The Company’s flagship brand, Golden Penny, remains one of the best known and the preferred brands amongst bakers, confectioneries and consumers in Nigeria.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Treasury Analyst
Location: Apapa, Lagos
- Performing financial analysis of FMN financial statements (at Group, Parent Company, or subsidiary level) to assess performance, determine potential credit rating, and advise on the appropriate working capital position
- Providing analytical support during the rating process, including collating responses from various teams as well as reviewing financial statements and internal records to provide information and responses to rating agencies
- Analyzing financial statements of direct competitors and other FMCGs, to determine FMN Plc’s positioning within the Nigerian FMCG industry
- Preparing reports on FMN’s share price vs. the competition, as well as significant movements in shareholder composition
- Support with the preparation of a quarterly presentation to stakeholders showing how FMN has performed during the quarter.
- Liaising with research analysts to get a better understanding of the market perception of FMN
- Coordinating meetings between Management and investors
- Optimize FMN’s Investor Relation digital touchpoints e.g. Websites etc
- Funding Arrangements
- Providing support in the process of raising subsidized funding, including collating/preparing loan applications, facilitating the execution of loan documentation, and ensuring that conditions precedent to disbursement are met
- Liaising with commercial banks, development finance institutions, and investment banks to ensure that documentation is delivered in a timely fashion and approvals are received when expected
- Relating with transaction parties (In the case of capital markets transactions) to provide documents and information required to obtain regulatory approvals
- Preparing or assisting with the preparation of business plans and/or investor presentations for raising financing
- Tracking existing facilities to ensure that applications for facility renewals are filed well in advance of expiry dates
- Maintain database of information and documents required by the team for the facilitation of loan applications and related tasks
- Maintain the team’s filing and document retrieval system
- Prepare documentation and schedules for submissions to regulatory authorities
- Any other duties which may be assigned by the Corporate Finance Manager or Group Treasurer
- First Degree in Accounting, Finance or related field
- Professional Certification is required e.g, ACA, CFA, ACCA
- Minimum of five (5) years cognate experience.
- FMCG/Multinational Corporate Finance Experience is an added advantage.
The Person Must:
- Be proactive and have excellent organizational skills
- Have problem-solving and analytical skills
- Be a team player and open to collaboration
Application Closing Date