Thursday, the parents of the ex-girlfriend of disgraced FTX crypto entrepreneur Sam Bankman-Fried were too preoccupied to speak on their daughter’s role in the ongoing probe.
When asked by The Post if her daughter, Caroline Ellison, was helping with authorities against her ex-lover, Sara Fischer Ellison replied, “We’re busy right now.”
Fischer Ellison and her husband, MIT economist Glenn Ellison, appeared slightly unkempt as they left their Newton, Massachusetts home for the first time since their daughter became embroiled in the FTX cryptocurrency crisis.
The intelligent couple, dressed for the cold, loaded numerous bags into their orange Hyundai Kona before leaving.
One neighbor told The Post, “I haven’t seen Caroline since Thanksgiving.”
While her parents have momentarily surfaced, Ellison, 28, remains elusive despite claims that she has retained the services of high-powered DC attorney Stephanie Avakian and is attempting to help with the expanding federal investigation. She was last spotted in early December, supposedly grabbing coffee at a Soho café.
Ellison came under fire for the first time last month, when her ex-boyfriend Bankman-Fried attempted to pin the collapse of his FTX enterprise on her. Ellison, a “Harry Potter” fan with an interest in polyamory, was once the chief executive officer of FTX’s sister hedge fund, Alameda Research.
Investigators are apparently investigating whether FTX illegally used billions of dollars in customer assets to pay off debts acquired by Alameda during Ellison’s tenure, following Bankman-arrest Fried’s in the Bahamas on Monday.
Former Eastern District of New York federal prosecutor Moira Penza previously told The Post that it is in Ellison’s best interest to cooperate with the probe.
She stated, “For someone like Ellison, who was a member of SBF’s inner circle and who has already publicly implicated herself, there is a great motivation to collaborate early.”
“It is not uncommon in [the Southern District of New York] for cooperating defendants who might otherwise face a decade or more in prison to be sentenced to time served.”
↯↯↯Read More On The Topic On TDPel Media ↯↯↯
Also On TDPel Media
- Ex-Pirates star says Bucs made him a $1 millionaire
- Salma Hayek says she was “dragged” to her wedding to François-Henri Pinault
- Influential model discovered dead in her car with 11 stab wounds
- Katie Rost, an alumna of ‘RHOP,’ confesses she relapsed: “I failed,” but I am “restarting.”
- Meghan Markle and Prince Harry are set to testify in Samantha’s defamation action
- Investigators say Putin supplied Buk missile that downed MH17 over Ukraine
- Andries was a bold and talented athlete – Steve Barker
- King Charles is the first monarch without a crown to be featured on stamps
- Leg aches and pains can be alleviated with this at-home compression treatment
- According to a rumor, Mark Zuckerberg’s Meta would “flatten” middle managers in a cost-cutting attempt