Technical Officer, Laboratory Services at FHI 360 – TDPel Jobs
FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in health, education, nutrition, environment, economic development, civil society, gender, youth, research and technology – creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today’s interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 70 countries and all U.S. states and territories.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Technical Officer, Laboratory Services
Location: Lagos Office
Job Type: Full time
Supervisor: Senior Technical Officer-Lab Services
- Liaise with the STO-Lab Services to provide technical support and implement high quality laboratory services for FHI 360 Nigeria programs with a particular focus on facilities and communities supported by EpiC Activity project.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide technical support related to the laboratory services and management component of HIV/AIDS care and treatment program.
- Provide technical assistance in capacity building for laboratory services to FHI 360 and facility staff.
- Provide technical support on laboratory quality assurance issues.
- Contribute to development of lessons learned from programs and projects related to laboratory management of HIV/AIDS and liaise with Technical Coordinator to apply these lessons and modify existing program.
- Represent the project and FHI 360 to stakeholders on issues of laboratory management of HIV/AIDS.
- Remain informed on current programs in the field of laboratory management of HIV/AIDS and related development fields by reviewing current literature and staying alert to any implication of such experience and research for department activities as outlined by the technical supervisor.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Requirements
- B.Sc in Laboratory Sciences or related field with 5-7 years post national youth service experience and a minimum of 3 years’ experience in provision of laboratory support for HIV/AIDS.
- Or Master’s Degree in Laboratory Sciences or related field with 3-5 years post national youth service experience and a minimum of 3 years’ experience in provision of laboratory support for HIV/AIDS.
- Knowledge of advanced laboratory procedures, diagnosis and management related to HIV/AIDS care and treatment is required with some experience in an international development area preferred.
- Certification of license to practice as a medical laboratory scientist is required.
- Experience in Laboratory TB services is an advantage.
- Familiarity with Nigerian public sector health system and NGOs and CBOs highly desirable.
Knowledge, Skills & Attributes:
- Knowledge of health and development programs in developing countries in general and Nigeria specifically.
- Laboratory management and training experience and ability to understand full range of issues around the laboratory management of HIV/AIDS, including provision of counseling and testing services.
- Knowledge of Quality Assurance and Quality Control.
- Knowledge of Laboratory Equipment and techniques for the following categories of assays: HIV rapid and confirmatory testing, hematology, biochemistry, CD4/CD8, HIV viral load, HIV DNA qualitative test, HIV viral resistance (genotype and phenotype) and management issues related to the clinical management of HIV/AIDS, including ART.
- Knowledge of Nigerian laboratory setting, including government and non-government settings.
- Sensitivity to cultural differences and understanding of the social, political and ethical issues surrounding HIV infection.
- Ability to work well with others and to develop and maintain compatibility among project staff, subcontractors, consultants and recipients of assistance.
- Ability to manage tight deadlines and deliver high volumes of work with minimal supervision.
- High degree of proficiency in written and spoken English communication.
- Well-developed computer skills.
- Ability to travel within Nigeria 25% time.
Application Closing Date
How To Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online