FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in health, education, nutrition, environment, economic development, civil society, gender, youth, research and technology – creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today’s interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 70 countries and all U.S. states and territories.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Requisition – 2021200858
Job Type: Full time
Supervisor: Senior Technical Officer (Monitoring and Evaluation)
- The Technical Officer, Health Informatics under the supervision of the Senior Technical Officer, Monitoring and Evaluation will assist the development, implementation, supervision and data use of all FHI 360’s electronic information systems at facility, zonal and country office levels.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide technical support for the design and content development for electronic information systems (LAMIS, Referral Database, PDA applications and any other FHI 360 software or database tools) used for M & E. This function will include assisting the software programming team in developing actual logic statements for the coding of M & E indicators and software business rules where necessary and checking that all software development is done according to already established standards and procedures.
- Ensure that the software and database tools developed meet the intended reporting and data output requirements for both internal use and donors/GoN.
- Coordinate user support through FHI 360 field staff with specific assistance on building and maintaining a strong facility and LGA level MIS.
- Conduct assessments of health informatics environments, synthesize pertinent information, identify implications for planning and development, and provide recommendations to FHI 360 management.
- Supervise the deployment of the developed M & E software and database tools to new sites as identified by FHI 360 management.
- Support the database staff in developing standard operating procedures, user manuals and data management procedure documents for all of FHI 360’s electronic information systems.
- Ensure coordination in electronic information systems planning, development and implementation between the Ministry of Health departments, units and appropriate external organizations.
- Prepare timely progress and periodic reports on information systems tool development and implementation.
- Support the database staff in analyzing all data collected in all FHI 360’s electronic information systems for M & E and provide feedback in the form of data analysis meetings, abstracts, technical reports and peer-reviewed journal articles with collaboration from the staff of the M&E department as well as with staff of other departments.
- Develop and /or adapt and monitor the use of M & E tools (standard operating procedures, flow charts, data collection forms).
- Provide technical assistance to partner M & E units and to GoN M & E counterparts.
- Provide support as backstops to zonal and state level activities related to implementing FHI 360’s electronic information systems.
- Document lessons learned and best practices in M & E, according to donor guidelines.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Requirements
- MB.BS / MD / PHD or similar Degree in Public Health, Epidemiology, Health Information Management or Medicine (strong background in epidemiology, biostatistics or M & E) with 1 to 3 years relevant experience in project-level or state/national-level monitoring and evaluation system implementation.
- MPH / MA / MS or similar Degree in Public Health, Epidemiology, Health Information Management (strong background in epidemiology, biostatistics or M & E) or similar Degree with 3 to 5 years relevant experience in project-level or state/national-level monitoring and evaluation system implementation.
- Experience working at the national level on health programs with knowledge and experience with data collection and analysis.
- Familiarity with Nigerian public sector health systems and NGOs and CBOs is highly desirable.
Knowledge, Skills & Attributes:
- Knowledge of health and development programs in developing countries in general and Nigeria specifically.
- Knowledge of HIV/AIDS, Tuberculosis, Malaria and other health programming in developing countries.
- Sound knowledge of M & E, research and surveillance issues
- Knowledge of Nigerian clinical setting, including government and non-government settings.
- Sensitivity to cultural differences and understanding of the social, political and ethical issues surrounding HIV infections
- Ability to work well with others and to develop and maintain compatibility among project staff, subcontractors, consultants and recipients of assistance.
- Ability to manage tight deadlines and deliver high volumes of work with minimal supervision.
- High degree of proficiency in written and spoken English communication.
- Well-developed computer skills.
- Ability to travel within Nigeria 25% time.
Application Closing Date
How To Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online