The Independent Police Investigative Directorate (IPID) is conducting an investigation into the death of a suspected drug dealer who was allegedly slain by police on Monday in central Johannesburg.
Mr. Ndlovu, a member of the IPID, responded to the crime scene and confirmed that an investigation is underway.
In a statement released on Tuesday, IPID spokesman Lizzy Suping said, “IPID reconstructed the crime scene in order to conduct our preliminary investigation.” We do not disclose details of the inquiry until it has been concluded; we will announce the outcome after the investigation has been concluded.”
Omari Hamisi, a 28-year-old guy who collapsed and died during a police raid, sparked violence on Johannesburg’s popular Commissioner Street.
A search and seizure operation was conducted after the police received a tip that someone in the vicinity was involved in narcotics distribution.
According to the police, Hamisi led them to Panorama apartment room 222 on the second level. He became weak, collapsed, and was pronounced dead at the spot. Hamisi’s death was followed by a protest led primarily by Tanzanian nationals who blamed the police for his death.
It has been stated that an undisclosed sum of money together with dagga and a white material thought to be narcotics were seized from Hamisi’s flat.
During the protest, at least thirteen people were arrested and many police vehicles were damaged. The cause of Hamisi’s death is unknown at this time.
The office of Gauteng premier Panyaza Lesufi has asked for calm and says it is monitoring the situation in Johannesburg’s central business district.
↯↯↯Read More On The Topic On TDPel Media ↯↯↯
Also On TDPel Media
- Celeb-loved We adore the new dry shampoo from Olaplex
- Terry Bradshaw makes jokes on-air about dying. “Consider the ratings”
- Stream or Skip: ‘Whitney Houston: I Wanna Dance with Somebody’ on VOD, a Flatline Biopic of a GOAT Who Deserves Better
- Ex-Pirates star says Bucs made him a $1 millionaire
- Salma Hayek says she was “dragged” to her wedding to François-Henri Pinault
- Influential model discovered dead in her car with 11 stab wounds
- Katie Rost, an alumna of ‘RHOP,’ confesses she relapsed: “I failed,” but I am “restarting.”
- Meghan Markle and Prince Harry are set to testify in Samantha’s defamation action
- Investigators say Putin supplied Buk missile that downed MH17 over Ukraine
- Andries was a bold and talented athlete – Steve Barker