The rumors are accurate, and the anticipation will soon be gone! The globally renowned Suzuki Jimny will soon be offered in a five-door configuration in addition to its current three-door lineup.
Yesterday, the all-new five-door Suzuki Jimny was unveiled to a global audience at the Auto Expo 2023 in India. It shared the stage at the unveiling with another brand-new SUV, the sporty and compact Fronx.
Both the five-door Jimny and the Fronx are production-ready, and while the exact release dates are still to be determined, both vehicles are destined for South African shores.
The addition of the new five-door Suzuki Jimny to the lineup broadens the vehicle’s go anywhere and do anything appeal. Engineers at Suzuki have not altered the off-road vehicle’s capability, power, or overall structural stiffness.
Suzuki has retained the Jimny’s 1.5-liter gasoline engine and five-speed manual or four-speed automatic transmission options.
It has also retained the off-ladder roader’s frame chassis, its amazing 210 mm ground clearance, and its innovative AllGrip four-wheel drive system with on-the-fly 2WD/4WD switching. The new Jimny is fitted with the low-range 4WD system of its sibling for challenging off-road driving.
What has changed are the measurements. The new five-door model is 360 mm longer than its three-door sibling, although the width and height remain the same. The wheelbase has been increased by 340 millimeters to a total of 2 580 millimeters.
In order to preserve the off-road capabilities of the four-door Jimny as near as possible to those of the three-door model, Suzuki drew from its more than fifty years of experience in producing the Jimny and its ancestors and in developing smartly packaged small vehicles.
The approach angle of the new five-door Jimny is 36 degrees, the breakover angle is 24 degrees, and the departure angle is 50 degrees. Comparatively, the three-door Jimny provides 37 degrees, 28 degrees, and 49 degrees.
The wider size has enabled Suzuki to install two additional doors and expand the cargo area without hurting the off-road capability. It has also enabled the incorporation of unusual interior elements, such as front seats that can fold flat to connect to the rear seat and create two cushioned sleeping places for adventurers who choose to spend the night inside the Jimny while on arduous excursions.
Suzuki Auto South Africa anticipates adding the new five-door Jimny to the local Jimny lineup as quickly as possible. Additional information regarding the local release date, exact lineup, characteristics, and price range will be made available at a later date.
↯↯↯Read More On The Topic On TDPel Media ↯↯↯
Also On TDPel Media
- Balenciaga joins children’s advocacy group after BDSM teddy bear incident
- “Tshedi is the show”: Fans of “The Wife” commend Motsoaledi Setumo
- “Age is just a number,” Carl Niehaus argues in response to the “blesser” moniker
- Updated figures place Elon Musk within striking distance of the world’s wealthiest position
- Iceland project to combat child drinking and drug use in George
- Death toll from earthquakes surpasses 16,000 as rescue chances diminish
- Gail and Kabelo Mabalane celebrate their tenth wedding anniversary
- R32 million PowerBall winner has come forward to claim their prize
- “My time will come”: Andile Mpisane responds to coach’s remarks
- Jake White returns to the Bulls following a near-death encounter