Creators from sub-Saharan Africa recently convened at the Movenpick Hotel and Residences in Nairobi, Kenya, after an eight-day TikTok voting competition.
African TikTok creators were named among the Top Creators and Top Creator Runner-Ups at the first awards ceremony. The ceremony honored and awarded content artists from sub-Saharan Africa for the innovation and originality they displayed in their work in 2022.
Boniswa Sidwaba, the content programming director for sub-Saharan Africa at TikTok, stated that the award event is TikTok’s way of recognizing storytellers, their creativity, and the good impact that all producers have on the TikTok community.
“We are thrilled to honor our creators who have been the driving force behind some of 2022’s most exciting trends,” Sidwaba said.
“With these inaugural awards, TikTok hopes to give sub-Saharan African creators the recognition they deserve and encourage them to tell the African story while spreading happiness at all times.”
Among the winning content creators are @Pilot on Instagram, a South African commercial pilot, and @, Lindokuhle Khoza.
↯↯↯Read More On The Topic On TDPel Media ↯↯↯
Also On TDPel Media
- Turkey and Syria earthquake deaths are about 9,000
- ActionSA, ministers face beach pollution lawsuit
- Sadly, another Mpumalanga traffic officer is killed while on duty
- Trump slams Biden in State of the Union rebuttal
- Man and woman drown at Frazer Beach
- RJ Barrett wanting to play Knicks final game before NBA trade deadline
- Thief kicks NYC straphanger down subway stairs: cops
- Biden immigration problem to cost NYC $4.2B, twice Eric Adams’ estimate
- Grammy-winning artist Zakes Bantwini’s net worth, booking fee, and other details
- Brandi Glanville Romanced Caroline Manzo’s While Filming ‘RHUGT’: Report