Storekeeper Assistant at Medecins Sans Frontieres (MSF) – Holland – TDPel Jobs
Medecins Sans Frontieres (MSF) is an international, private, non-governmental, non-profit humanitarian organization. Our organization offers assistance to populations in distress, to victims of natural or man-made disasters, to victims of armed conflict, without discrimination irrespective of race, religion, creed or political affiliation. We have been working in Nigeria since February 1996. A Memorandum of Understanding between Medecins Sans Frontieres and the Federal Government of Nigeria facilitates this. We are at present co-operating with the Federal Ministry of Health, State and Local Government departments of health on various health projects.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Storekeeper Assistant
Employment Type: Full-time
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Carrying out tasks of checking, recording and storing as well as preparing goods to be sent, according MSF standards and procedures and the storekeeper’s instructions, in order to ensure proper orders’ reception and dispatch.
- Performing tasks as per the Storekeeper’s instructions. This includes but are not limited to the following:
- Receiving goods arriving to the store, checking its status/condition and amounts in the waybill
- Preparing outgoing items in a clean and optimized way by appropriately packing, sealing and labeling goods, assisting with recording the exits on stock cards and project form, and ensuring good quality of cold chain when needed
- Ensuring that goods are well organized and stored in a clean area to be visible and traceable i.e. assisting in the stock inventory, storing items according to nature and use, and ensuring that the temperature in the store is appropriate and items that require cold chain are correctly stored
- Carrying out basic maintenance of the store, ensuring security conditions (keeping unauthorized staff out, locking, etc….)
- Ensuring cleanliness of common working areas
- Ensuring proper use, storage and maintenance of the equipment and tools provided
- Informing superiors of any incident that may occur in the course of his/her work
- Helping MSF staff carry heavy items, if necessary
MSF Section / Context Specific Accountabilities
- Manage and supervise daily workers when required at the Storekeepers instructions.
- Ensuring cleaning and maintenance of stocks and spaces are observed at the agreed intervals as instructed by Storekeeper, observe and immediately report issues if any tools, spaces or systems deviate from MSF standards.
Requirements (Qualifications / Experience / Knowledge)
- Literacy essential. Essential knowledge of basic mathematics and use of measuring equipment.
- None is required.
- Desirable ability to do basic repairs
- Essential basic knowledge of mathematics.
- Essential, mission working language and local language(s)
- Commitment to MSF Principles L1
- Behavioural Flexibility L1
- Stress Management L1
- Results and Quality Orientation L1
- Teamwork and Cooperation L1
- Service Orientation L1.
Application Closing Date
13th August, 2021.
The post Storekeeper Assistant at Medecins Sans Frontieres (MSF) – Holland appeared first on Jobs in Nigeria – http://jobsinnigeria.careers.