Location: United Nations Security Council
Delivered on: 21 December, 2022
Transcript of the speech, exactly as it was delivered:
Thank you, President. I would like to thank Council Members for their constructive engagement on this text and for their support today.
As Somalia steps-up the fight against Al-Shabaab, ATMIS’s support remains vital. Yet, at the same time, the successful transition of responsibility from ATMIS to Somalia is an essential component of achieving long-term peace and security across Somalia.
The UK is proud to continue to provide financial support to the African Union and Somalia in this endeavour. In 2022, the UK will have provided over $55m for ATMIS and over $8m to the Somalia Trust Fund.
The extension to ATMIS Phase 1, authorised in this resolution, gives more time for the African Union and Somalia to work together and advance the strategic, gradual and sector-by-sector transition of security responsibility from ATMIS to Somali security and police forces.
The UK encourages the African Union and Somalia to seize this opportunity and we look forward to hearing about the progress made in March next year.
↯↯↯Read More On The Topic On TDPel Media ↯↯↯
Also On TDPel Media
- Celeb-loved We adore the new dry shampoo from Olaplex
- Terry Bradshaw makes jokes on-air about dying. “Consider the ratings”
- Stream or Skip: ‘Whitney Houston: I Wanna Dance with Somebody’ on VOD, a Flatline Biopic of a GOAT Who Deserves Better
- Ex-Pirates star says Bucs made him a $1 millionaire
- Salma Hayek says she was “dragged” to her wedding to François-Henri Pinault
- Influential model discovered dead in her car with 11 stab wounds
- Katie Rost, an alumna of ‘RHOP,’ confesses she relapsed: “I failed,” but I am “restarting.”
- Meghan Markle and Prince Harry are set to testify in Samantha’s defamation action
- Investigators say Putin supplied Buk missile that downed MH17 over Ukraine
- Andries was a bold and talented athlete – Steve Barker