According to the South Korean military, airplanes and attack helicopters were scrambled and warning shots were fired after North Korean drones violated South Korean airspace on Monday.
South Korea tracked the North Korean drones across the Military Demarcation Line between the two nations after detecting them around 10:25 a.m. in the western city of Gimpo, according to the military.
A KA-1 light attack aircraft from the Republic of Korea crashed immediately after departing its Wonju base in the country’s east, a defense ministry spokesman said. The aircraft’s two pilots were able to elude the crash and are currently in the hospital.
The South Korean Ministry of Transportation announced yesterday that departures from Incheon and Gimpo airports were suspended at the request of the military.
A ministry official told Reuters that the halt began at 1:08 p.m. at Gimpo and 1:22 p.m. at Incheon and lasted approximately one hour before flight departures resumed around 2:10 p.m.
↯↯↯Read More On The Topic On TDPel Media ↯↯↯
Also On TDPel Media
- Ex-Pirates star says Bucs made him a $1 millionaire
- Salma Hayek says she was “dragged” to her wedding to François-Henri Pinault
- Influential model discovered dead in her car with 11 stab wounds
- Katie Rost, an alumna of ‘RHOP,’ confesses she relapsed: “I failed,” but I am “restarting.”
- Meghan Markle and Prince Harry are set to testify in Samantha’s defamation action
- Investigators say Putin supplied Buk missile that downed MH17 over Ukraine
- Andries was a bold and talented athlete – Steve Barker
- King Charles is the first monarch without a crown to be featured on stamps
- Leg aches and pains can be alleviated with this at-home compression treatment
- According to a rumor, Mark Zuckerberg’s Meta would “flatten” middle managers in a cost-cutting attempt