SMC Health Product Consultant at the Management Sciences for Health (MSH) – 2 Openings – TDPel Jobs
The Management Sciences for Health (MSH), a global health nonprofit organization, uses proven approaches developed over 40 years to help leaders, health managers, and communities in developing nations build stronger health systems for greater health impact. We work to save lives by closing the gap between knowledge and action in public health.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: SMC Health Product Consultant
Reference ID: R739
Locations: Taraba and Katsina
Employment Type: Part time
- Management Sciences for Health (MSH) is an international non-governmental organization working with countries and communities to save lives and improve the health of the world’s poorest and most vulnerable people by building strong, resilient, and sustainable health systems in 150 countries around the world. MSH partners with governments, civil society organizations, the private sector, and thousands of health workers to implement locally-led solutions that expand access to medicines and services, improve quality of care, help prevent and control epidemics, support inspiring leadership and transparent governance, and foster informed, empowered, and healthier communities.
- MSH is currently a sub recipient to Catholic Relief Services for the implementation of the Global Fund Malaria Grant (2021 to 2023) in Nigeria, which aims to implement and support malaria control activities in 11 states, including implementation of Seasonal Malaria Chemoprevention (SMC) in 2 states, Taraba and Katsina States.
- The Malaria Health Products Management Consultant (2 persons, 1 for each state) will be responsible for micro planning, daily efficient review & reconciliation of administered SPAQ in 2 supported states (Katsina and Taraba). She/he will collect & enter data (Logistics versus service data) in the database and maintain accurate records of valuable Health facility level information. The Consultant shall validate information from all inventory management tools used during SMC implementation and ensure accountability of all SMC products and tools. S/he shall have essential data entry skills and an eye for details and familiarity with spreadsheets. Previous experience on data entry, analysis or similar position shall be an added advantage.
The malaria Health Product Management consultant will support the senior technical manager to carry out the following:
- She/he shall support health facility and store assessment and ensure they meet minimum required standard and document all information accordingly.
- S/he will work closely with states to ensure all criteria for personnel selection are adhered to
- S/he shall support states with micro planning and quantification of SMC products and ensure a robust distribution plan.
- S/he shall support documentation review and payment processing for SMC adhoc staff
- S/he shall track all transactions from state medical stores to health facilities and ensure all SMC products are delivered to the last mile with all documents duly completed and signed.
- S/he shall be responsible for collation of daily logistics and services data from the implementing states and entering such in the reconciliation database
- Shall work closely with the central team to analyze the daily reconciliation reports from the database to inform stock status of the implementing facilities to inform resupply decisions that improve management of SMC products.
- S/he shall work with the operations unit to ensure the quality printed training materials and daily reconciliation tools.
- S/he shall support the conduct of SMC training in the supported states.
- Provide support to the implementing states on inventory management of SMC commodities at the LGA level.
- Shall work closely with state SMC supervisors to collate and report all Pharmacovigilance reports from the states
- Support implementing states on the conduct of SMC products monthly close out and warehouse location reports for insurance updates
- Support implementing states to write end of cycle reports
- Work closely with implementing states to support the of end of cycle data review meeting at LGA and state levels
- Carry out other duties as may be assigned by the Senior Technical Manager, PSM.
- S/he must be a Pharmacist
- A Master’s Degree is an added advantage
- Previous experience in SMC or malaria implementation
- Experience managing a medical supply chain; 3 years project management experience with proven experience as Operation Office or relevant role;
- Basic computer appreciation Knowledge: MS word, spreadsheets, other record management and statistical software such as SPSS as added Advantage.
- Willingness to travel at about 25% of the time
- Strong analytical skills and excellent negotiation, facilitation and coordination skills;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Communicating in local language would be an added advantage.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: Please indicate your state of choice on your CV.