South African Social Security Agency (SASSA) grant recipients will get access to their January 2023 funds in just six days.
SASSA GRANTS PAYMENT DATES FOR JANUARY 2023
The elderly and their accompanying grants will be paid first, followed by grants for those with disabilities and grants for children on the following dates:
Senior citizens – Tuesday, January 3
Grants for the disabled – Wednesday, January 4
Grants for children – Thursday, January 5
SHOCKER – OVER R500 MILLION LOOTED FROM SASSA OVER LAST 10 YEARS
Additionally, some beneficiaries are still unable to receive their funds.
Postbank has informed all SASSA grant recipients that ATM withdrawals using gold cards have been suspended for the month of December alone.
Several recipients (elderly, crippled, and children) were unable to access their awards on the stipulated payment dates for November and December.
Postbank stated in a statement that it has had a variety of technical issues that have impeded the withdrawal of social grants. An investigation discovered a series of network attacks by criminal elements intent on committing systematic ATM card fraud-related offenses against Postbank payments utilizing sophisticated methods of operation, according to the report.
“As a precautionary measure, and in consultation with our partners following the resurgence of these criminal activities at the beginning of the December payments, it has become necessary for Postbank to suspend SASSA grant withdrawals at ATMs for clients using Postbank-issued SASS gold cards,” the state-owned bank explained.
Postbank also recommended recipients of Postbank-issued gold cards to withdraw their social grants funds at any national retailer that offers cashback functionality, including Shoprite, Checkers, USave, Boxer, and Pick & Pay.
“We can tell clients that a dedicated team of professionals, aided by seasoned external specialists and law enforcement agencies, has been tasked with addressing this issue, and significant work has been achieved in shutting down all routes used by these criminals.
Postbank is conscious of the impact this change in payment channels would have on recipients of social grants and other stakeholders, and we apologize for any trouble caused.
↯↯↯Read More On The Topic On TDPel Media ↯↯↯
Also On TDPel Media
- Queens NYPD seeking for man who randomly assaulted women
- Florida adolescent Aiden Fucci admits to fatally stabbing 13-year-old cheerleader Tristyn Bailey
- Former Goldman Sachs executive Harvey Schwartz has been named CEO of Carlyle Group
- Bethany Hamilton, a surfer, says she will not compete against trans women
- I almost perished from $117K in black-market BBL injections
- “The View” Jokes About Bored Ben Affleck at Grammys: “J.Lo Should’ve Brought” Mum
- National Enquirer acquired for $100 million to indicted former MoviePass CEO: report
- Dell is eliminating almost 6,500 positions as the PC market declines
- Rasta The Artist honors Riky Rick at Cotton Festival 2023
- Emirates now offers MORE Cape Town flights