Senior Manager – Financial Reporting at Food Concepts Plc – TDPel Jobs
Food Concepts Plc was incorporated on 6 December 1999 as Food Concepts & Entertainment Limited and commenced operations in 2000. Since inception, we have set out to challenge the status quo by delivering quality food products and services that appeal to modern, West African customers. Two decades later, with many learnings under our belt; our vision is much the same, “To be the most loved Quick Service Restaurant and Baked Goods brands across West Africa.”
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Manager – Financial Reporting
Employment Type: Full-time
The Key Responsibilities
Accounting Operations & Financial Reporting:
- Manage and control all account chart/general ledger
- Coordinate with various teams and perform complex analysis and prepare reports to summarize financial data.
- Manage all accounting operations including Billing, A/R, A/P and GL
- Consolidate reports and schedules form all divisions and prepare monthly dashboard for Management use.
- Suggest and implement policies and controls to ensure accurate financial reporting.
- Monitor and perform studies to interpret financial actions and modify accounting processes and provide technical advice and recommend improvements for same
- Ensure compliance to all reporting requirements, file quarterly/annual returns according to current requirements and document new rules.
- Develop and maintain supporting documents for all financial reports and evaluate it for various departments
- Coordinate with various departments and prepare recurring financial reporting packages
- Perform continuous assessment of the close process and process re-engineering to reduce the timing to close monthly financial report.
- Supervise revenue recognition process, accrual, and liability bookings. Review contracts to interpret financial issues and documents same.
- Ensure accurate amortization of prepaid expenses; maintain up to date balance sheet schedules of unamortized balances.
- Working with the Finance team to resolve any reporting errors or discrepancies.
- Ensures that the entire company is compliant and successfully passes all reporting requirements and should any non-compliance issues arise, the Financial Reporting Manager assesses and resolves these issues.
- Take ownership of Company’s income statement and the statement of financial position, ensuring all financial statement assertions and information processing objectives are upheld.
- Monitor and ensure timely identification and compliance with evolving accounting guidance, provide IFRS interpretation and prepare technical memorandums that document issues in a clear, logical and comprehensive manner to Management
- Be the custodian/champion for Accounting standard and maintain all relevant IFRS schedules.
- Coordinate and supervise the month-end and year-end closing
- Participate in other projects as may be required from time to time
- Establish reporting procedures and ensure compliance with regulatory guidelines
- Ensure that appropriate finance systems are maintained and that all procedures/controls are implemented
- Ensure that all accounting records are in compliance with the approved policies and accounting standards
- Oversee the proper maintenance of the organization’s accounting records
- Ensure timely delivery of audits.
Strategic Direction and Leadership:
- Supervises, motivates and leads teams by identifying roles and providing guidance on service output and quality
- Provide insight and guidance contemporary Accounting and reporting issues
- Ensure effective and efficient use of resources,
Educational Qualifications and Experience Required
- A good first degree in Accounting or Banking & Finance
- Possession of a Postgraduate degree in Accounting/Business Administration or related field is an added advantage.
- Membership of the ACCA, ICAN, CIS or any other related professional qualification is required
- Minimum of 8 years in Audit or core Finance role with at least 3 years in Management capacity.
- Experience in any of the Big 4 Audit or extensive IFRS reporting experience is mandatory
General Management Competencies Required:
- Versatility in IFRS
- Advanced Excel spreadsheet knowledge.
- Knowledge of relevant Software Application (SAP)
- Industry Knowledge
- Numerical Analysis.
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal)
- Knowledge of Financial Analysis & Interpretation and reporting
- Knowledge of Risk Management
Application Closing Date
25th June, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Curriculum Vitae to: email@example.com using “FR” as the subject of the mail.