Zach Wilson is replaced by Sam Darnold in the starting lineup.
It stands to reason that if you had told Jets general manager Joe Douglas 18 months ago that this would be the situation on Thanksgiving 2022, he would not have been delighted. Darnold views it as a simple NFL reality.
Darnold told reporters in Carolina, “I’m not really paying a lot of attention to what’s happening over there.” “I did see it. Clearly, this is a weird industry. However, we are currently focused on the task at hand, which is facing a very talented Broncos squad.”
The Panthers, who were 3-8 and eliminated from postseason contention, resorted to Darnold because P.J. Walker was injured and Baker Mayfield was ineffective. Ironically, this occurred when Wilson was being benched for his poor performance against the Patriots and subsequent lack of accountability.
On November 23, 2022, Zach Wilson (left) converses with Tyler Conklin during a Jets practice.
Bill Kostroun/New York Daily News
The Jets confirmed on Wednesday that Wilson will not play against the Bears on Sunday, with Mike White starting and Joe Flacco serving as the backup.
The move threatens to place Wilson in the same category as Darnold, the Jets’ 2018 No. 3 overall choice, whose career was cut short after three years of dismal play. Wilson is just in his second NFL season, but he already appears to be at a crossroads.
In announcing his decision, Jets head coach Robert Saleh stated, “Zach’s career here is not finished.” “This is what everyone wants to yell. That is not even remotely accurate. The goal is to get Zach back on the football field as soon as possible this season. When that time comes, I’ll make a choice, and I’ll take it day by day.”
This week, Darnold, who started 11 games during the 2018 season, will play for the first time in 2022. After injuring his ankle in the preseason, when he was expected to compete with Mayfield for the starting quarterback position, he began this season on injured reserve.
Sam Darnold prior to a 2022 Panthers game on November 20.
“Playing quarterback in the NFL is a difficult but rewarding profession,” Darnold, age 25, stated. “This is the finest job on earth.
“To be able to come out here and do that every single day is a privilege that I do not take for granted. Nevertheless, it comes with the territory. It is a difficult position.”
↯↯↯Read More On The Topic On TDPel Media ↯↯↯
Also On TDPel Media
- Dollar stagnates as traders evaluate Fed views prior to CPI
- Death toll from earthquakes surpasses 17,000 as rescue chances diminish
- Chrishell Stause receives surgery to remove an ovarian cyst from her body
- Security guard commits himself by shooting himself in Hillbrow police station
- ICYMI: Orlando Pirates skipper SUSPENDED – report
- Evangeline Lilly says Jeremy Renner is wheelchair-bound: ‘Miracle
- Burna Boy is still angry over his Grammy snub, and he disparages Zakes Bantwini
- Fantasy Premier League: Matchweek 23 expert advice
- What does the Bible say about homosexuality?
- Be sure to keep your dog cool during a heatwave