Registrar at Mudiame University – TDPel Jobs
Mudiame University, licensed by the Federal Government is a modern privately owned University located in lrrua, Edo State. The vision of the university is to be a world-leading institution for technological innovation that addresses Africa’s basic challenges, especially energy, health, agriculture, food security, manufacturing, and transportation. Its mission is to contribute to the sustainable welfare of society with expertise in science, technology, and business, particularly through teaching, research, and community service.
We seek to attract employees, who are ready to carve out a niche for themselves in distinguished collaborative and ground-breaking research that will bridge the gap between the academia and industries in Nigeria and the world at large. Prospective candidates must demonstrate passionate interest in being part of a team that believes in pedagogic excellence in raising a new generation of leaders both in academia and the industry.
In pursuit of this goal, the University is set to employ a qualified candidate for the position below:
Job Title: Registrar
Location: Irrua, Edo
- The Registrar is the Chief Administrative Officer of the University and is responsible for the day-to-day administration of the affairs of the University.
- The Registrar is an ex-officio member of the Governing Council, and the Secretary to Council, Senate, Congregation and Convocation.
- Responsible for the day-to-day administration of the affairs of the University.
The Registrar shall hold office for one term of Five (5) years. The person seeking employment as the Registrar shall be required under the University’s terms and conditions of employment to possess the following qualifications:
- A good (Honours) Degree plus ten (10) years post qualification relevant administrative experience in university or comparable institution, with a minimum of five (5) years at the Management level.
- Possession of relevant higher Degree or Postgraduate professional qualification in the appropriate field(s).
- Candidate must be competent in the use of ICT for management services.
- Membership of relevant professional association is mandatory.
- The candidate must be a person of proven integrity, possess high moral character, an excellent manager of human resources, and a team player. He must be a person with proven leadership qualities and great inter-personal skills.
- The job demands a person who can instill confidence in others as well as command loyalty and respect of people.
- The person must understand the complexity of a university system and be capable of harnessing the potentials of subordinates to attain the overall goals of the University.
- The right candidate must have the ability to develop linkages with the external communities to support the emerging needs of the University command respect and engender cooperation and loyalty of staff and students at the University.
- S/he must have good physical and mental health.
- The Registrar must not be older than 55 years at the date of assumption of duty.
- Strong analytical skills.
What’s Great in the Job?
- Globally Competitive remuneration package designed to attract top talents committed to achieving its vision.
- Support for continuous academic and career development
- Decent and secured Accommodation arrangement for its employees
- State of Art Facilities and teaching Aids
- Technology-driven environment
- Collaborations with foreign and local institutions
- Research and Development Grants.
Application Closing Date
7th July, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click Here to Start Application
To apply, a detailed Curriculum Vitae, credentials and supporting documentation are required. Also, include a document of not more than 2 pages outlining your vision and strategies for the University if successful. Upload a detailed Curriculum Vitae and other credentials in a single document (in either doc or pdf format).
The CV should be presented in the following order:
- Name (Surname first in Capital letters)
- Place and Date of Birth
- Nationality/State of origin
- Contact Information (Postal Address; Permanent Home Address; Email
- Address; Phone numbers)
- Marital Status
- Position applied for
- Educational institution attended with Dates.
- Academic and Professional Qualifications
- Membership of Professional Bodies
- Previous Work Experience Details (including positions held with dates)
- Current Employment details (including current position, current grade level, current salary, date of appointment, date of last promotion/regrading
- Post Graduate Supervision (where applicable)
- Research Activities (where applicable)
- Details of Research Grants (where applicable)
- Publications (where applicable)
- Awards (where applicable)
- Significant courses/workshops/conferences attended with details on paper presentation.
- Major Academic-related services to the nation outside the
- University system
- Extra-Curricular Activities
- Name and Contact Details of three (3) Referees. One of whom must be in the candidate’s field of study.