Terre des hommes (Tdh) is the most well-known Swiss child welfare organization. For more than 50 years, the Foundation has aided children in need, defending their rights regardless of race, faith, or political party.
Security and Access Manager
Experience 3 – 5 years
Terre des Hommes (Tdh) is a leading Swiss organization for children’s aid. Since 1960, Tdh has helped build a better future for deprived children and their communities, making an impact with innovative and sustainable solutions. Active in more than 45 countries, Tdh works with local and international partners to develop and implement field projects which improve the daily lives of over 3 million children and their relatives, in the domains of health, protection, and emergency relief. This engagement is financed by individual and institutional support, with administrative costs kept to a minimum.
Tdh in Nigeria implements projects in Health, Wash, Child Protection, and Education sectors.
General Responsibilities (Overall purpose)
The Security & Access Manager (SAM), as a member of the Senior Monitoring Team (SMT) assists and supports the Country Delegate (CD) in ensuring the safety and security of all Tdh’ staff, assets, and programs within the country, through a comprehensive operational context and risks analysis methodology.
SAM will be responsible for the design, implementation, and ensuring compliance oversight of relevant risks management policies and procedures. To that end, S/He will work with the CD to confirm those related organizational policies/procedures/tools are responsive to the context and appropriate for Tdh pro-grams implementation requirements.
S/he will be in charge of promoting a positive Operational Context and Risk Management sound awareness among the Tdh team through regular briefings, training, and workshops.
S/He will monitor the Security context and Tdh team movements daily and develop an information-sharing mechanism.
S/He will actively contribute and advise on humanitarian access processes and approaches in close coordination with the SMT in order to positively sustain Tdh programmatic goals approaches in line with humanitarian principles, humanitarian needs, and the Tdh’s strategic action plan for Nigeria.
S/he will provide expert humanitarian security and access advice to all levels of Tdh staff in the country office, including access negotiations and mediation, context and conflict analysis, advisories, and incident management.
Specific Responsibilities / Context (Tasks)
Elaborate / revise the relevant security documents (risk analyses, Local Safety & Security Rules, Contingency & Relocation plans, Country Security Plan), in collaboration with the Country Representative.
Ensure the implementation and monitor all security and safety processes and procedures.
Ensure internal incident tracking system is and perform incident analysis.
Act as a key member of the Security Management Team when required during a crisis.
Monitor Security communications equipment and implement Communication protocols.
Recommends changes in country security plans to CR as needed.
Support the CR in the management of security incidents, as well as any other incidents that may occur.
Replace the CR for security management during his absence, in coordination with the Head Office (Desk Officer/ Roving Risks Specialist) and the SMT team at the country level.
Support and represent the CR in negotiations to obtain access with civilian and/or military authorities and the UN System.
Support the organization of assessment visits in security-sensitive areas (networking, road analysis, specific SSOP, etc.).
Participate in assessment visits when required, conduct dedicated assessments on Ad-Hoc basis.
Contribute to the elaboration/experimentation of adapted access modalities in security-sensitive areas.
Perform regular qualitative follow-up of the political, military, and security context in the country.
Perform regular quantitative analysis of the security incidents and trends (through internal and external data) in the country.
Support the CR for the analysis of local stakeholders, power dynamics, ethnic-confessional factors, acceptance factors, and other relevant political, social, and cultural issues.
Reporting and Information Management:
Ensure regular (Ad-Hoc, Weekly, Monthly) security and incident reports are completed and sent to headquarters, providing timely updates of all situational and security developments including investigation of security incidents.
Maintain and feed internal social networks for security alerts dissemination.
Conducts and submits Security Risk Assessments of programs, as required.
Conducts and submits full Site Security Surveys of every site visited.
Conducts and submits Field Visits Reports of all high-risk field deployments to be submitted to the Security Management teams (Country Office and Head Office).
Keep excellent records and logs to ensure capitalization and continuity of the Security Department.
Oversee the recruitment and selection of qualified national security Officers, Field Security Focal Point, recommend promotions, disciplinary action, and termination of staff in consultation with the CR.
Directly manage and supervise Security Officers.
Make frequent site visits to facilities to carry out security assessments and ensure appropriate care and training are being conducted. Maintain open lines of communications with all field staff.
Training/ Capacity Building:
Supervise and train National Security staff and Field Security Focal Points.
Ensure systematic induction security briefings are conducted to all arriving Tdh staff, visitors, or volunteers.
Ensure that all field staff is fully cognizant of prevailing security threats and fully advised on means to reduce staff vulnerability to those threats.
Provide ad hoc training on specific security and/or safety issues to relevant staff (when needed)
Train all Tdh staff is the basic use f
Train senior national staff to increase their context-awareness and sense of responsibility to promote and develop a risk management-oriented sustainable working culture.
Monitors the security preparedness of country staff and works with CR to enforce staff compliance with internal security policies and SSOPs.
Representation and coordination:
Attends security coordination meetings and updates CR on current security issues
Represent Tdh in bilateral meetings with humanitarian actors and with local actors (in coordination with the CR).
Maintain/expand Tdh’s network of security, context, and access contacts, among local and international NGOs, local authorities, and other relevant entities (INSO, UN system, etc.).
In coordination with CR feed regular discussions / organize regular updates on security and context with the Roving Risk Specialist and the HQ Risk Department.
Contribute to the creation of a positive image and overall credibility of the organization, notably through the application of the organization’s Code of Conduct, ethics, values, and standpoint with regard to internal and external actors.
Requirements for the position
Education / Qualifications
Master’s degree or its recognized equivalent in a related or closely related security field, with INGO Security Management experience (International Affairs & Security, Conflict Mediation & Resolution, Human Sciences: Sociology/ Anthropology, Geography, etc.)
At least 3 to 5 years of proven security management experience within INGOs.
Proven strong analytical and reporting skills.
English and Hausa (Kanuri, Fulani an advantage).
Microsoft 365 skills, Social Media and Networks proficiency, Thuraya, and VHF.
Tdh Global Code of Conduct and Risk
Fully complies with Tdh’s Global Code of Conduct and systematically reports any breach to the Code through the whistleblowing procedure raises awareness within the Foundation on abuse and violence and the rights deriving therefrom, respecting the rights and dignity of children, members of the communities, and our own Staff
Commits to respecting Risk Management Policies including Safeguarding Policies (Child Safeguarding Policy, Policy on the Protection against Sexual Exploitation and the Directive on Staff Misconduct at the Workplace), Safety and Security Policy and Anti-Fraud/Corruption and Prevention of the Financing of Criminal Activities Policies
Commits to reducing the risk of abuse and harm by developing a culture of open and informed leadership within the organization and in our work with children and the communities in which we intervene.
Disclaimer: This job description may be amended in line with the activities or evolution of the Mission.
By applying for this opening, indicates that he/she has read, understood, and accepted this document and all the conditions therein.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Click here to apply online
↯↯↯Read More On The Topic On TDPel Media Below↯↯↯
In The News On TDPel Media:
- Recruitment: Apply For Social Impact Recruitment 2021 SI is a development management consulting organization with offices all over the world. To improve development effectiveness, it provides monitoring, evaluation, strategic planning, and capacity-building...
- Recruitment: Apply For Synapse Services Recruitment 2021 Synapse Therapies is a Center for Psychological Medicine dedicated to delivering a comprehensive variety of mental health and drug abuse services in a compassionate, patient-centered...
- Recruitment: Apply For Catering to Africans In Need CAIN Recruitment 2021 Catering to Africans in Need (CAIN) is a non-profit organization dedicated to improving education and healthcare for those who are less fortunate in our society....
- Apply For Achieving Health Nigeria Initiative Recruitment 2021 Achieving Health Nigeria Initiative (AHNi) is an indigenous non-governmental organization that promotes socio-economic development by supporting a broad range of global health interventions, education, and...
- NPower News Today 2021 May: Recruitment, Shortlist, Deployment, Batch A, B & C NASIMS, NEXIT Latest News, Registration & Recruitment News, CBN Empowerment Portal Login 2021, Password Reset etc NPower News Today 2021 May: Recruitment, Shortlist, Deployment, Batch A, B & C NASIMS, NEXIT Latest News, Registration & Recruitment News, CBN Empowerment Portal Login...
- New Job Alert: How To Apply For Kwara State Internal Revenue Service Recruitment This is to notify the General Public that the Kwara State Internal Revenue Service, (KW-IRS) is recruiting Revenue Officers into Area Offices in the following...
- International Rescue Committee Recruitment 2021, Careers & Job Vacancies (5 Positions) | IRC Recruitment International Rescue Committee Recruitment 2021, Careers & Job Vacancies (5 Positions) | IRC Recruitment – TDPel Jobs Apply for International Rescue Committee Recruitment 2021, Careers...
- International Rescue Committee Recruitment 2021, Careers & Job Vacancies (4 Positions) | IRC Recruitment International Rescue Committee Recruitment 2021, Careers & Job Vacancies (4 Positions) | IRC Recruitment – TDPel Jobs Apply for International Rescue Committee Recruitment 2021, Careers...
- Nigerian Airforce Direct Short Service Cadets Recruitment 2021 (Commences Soon) | Airforce DSSC Recruitment Nigerian Airforce Direct Short Service Cadets Recruitment 2021 (Commences Soon) | Airforce DSSC Recruitment – TDPel Jobs Apply for the Nigerian Air Force Direct Short...
- Medecins Sans Frontieres Recruitment 2021, Careers & Job Vacancies (9 Positions) | MSF Recruitment Medecins Sans Frontieres Recruitment 2021, Careers & Job Vacancies (9 Positions) | MSF Recruitment – TDPel Jobs Apply for Medecins Sans Frontieres Recruitment 2021, Careers...