Protection Officer (Dikwa) at CARE International – TDPel Jobs
CARE International is a global leader within a worldwide movement dedicated to saving lives and ending poverty. We work in over 94 countries around the world to provide over 1000 poverty-fighting development and humanitarian aid projects.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Protection Officer
Location: Dikwa, Borno
Employment Type: Full-time
- This position will mainly assist in strengthening the accountability system in the organization especially the distribution activities going on in the Northeast including managing day to day accountability feedback that includes handling of complaints and compliments as received from a range of stakeholders such as program participants; he/she will also support the other CARE cash based intervention projects.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Working with programme staffs and beneficiaries to develop structure and methods for managing the complaints and feedback in the field as well as maintaining the integrity of information received.
- Provide guidance and technical support to the implementing project team, in all phases of the project cycle.
- Develop monthly activity implementation plan with the project team.
- Lead/organize regular monitor visits and if required project action plans revisions and modifications.
- Ensure compliance with donor rules and regulations.
- Working with M&E Coordinator, ensure adequate data capturing of project beneficiaries.
- Liaise and provide project updates and reports on a frequent basis and whenever required.
- Organize and attend regular meetings with donor and other key stakeholders
- Support the delivery of orientation sessions and deliver trainings on gender, protection, GBV and PSEA, as required.
- Support the capacity building of CARE staff, partners, Food Security Sector members to prepare for and respond to gender, GBV and PSEA protection initiatives.
- Strengthen mechanisms to enable affected populations to provide feedback and submit complaints related to CARE’s interventions.
- Organize community discussion and awareness raising on key protection issues, CFM and community engagement with PMCs
- Facilitate the smooth operation of protection, Gender and AAP component of project, meeting project timelines and targets
- Conduct trainings and capacity building
- Conduct focused group discussion to identify the local issues to be addressed
- Design a tailor-made information and training addressing the beneficiaries concerns and needs
- Develop internal community based protection training materials and facilitate trainings
- Participate in monthly protection sector meetings
- Record monthly protection results and report to project management
- Promote and implement effective measures for child protection including establishment of referral mechanism
- Ensure proper filing of attendance sheets and project document.
- Follow up on all paper work and reporting needed from the field
- Collect protection case studies and success stories according to guidelines.
Essential Qualifications and Experience:
- A University Degree in Social Sciences, Development Studies, Guidance and Counselling or relevant fields.
- Minimum of two years experience working with vulnerable communities, basic needs and distribution programming experience, and/or advocacy programs.
- Experience in protection interventions in line with vulnerable or IDP operation.
- Experience of working with UN or Non-Governmental organizations.
- Good communication skills and ability to conduct training and awareness.
- Computer skills (Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel).
- Ability to communicate in English, write reports in English and consolidate the reports prepared by protection monitoring assistants into formal English documentation
- Ability to communicate in Hausa. Other Nigerian languages is a must.
- Good organizational and management skills.
- Willingness and ability to work full-time time in the field directly with communities.
Desired Knowledge and Skills:
- Extensive knowledge of Nigerian displacement context.
- Highly flexible, with the ability to use initiative.
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment.
- Commitment to humanitarian principles and values.
- Commitment to promoting gender equality.
- Experience conducting focus group discussions, or the ability to learn rapidly.
- Strong ability to work independently, organize work, meet deadlines, maintain composure, prioritize work under pressure, coordinate multiple tasks and maintain attention to detail.
- Excellent interpersonal and problem-solving skills, creativity, and flexibility.
- Personal qualities: Works well in and promotes teamwork, comfortable in a multi-cultural environment, flexible and able to handle pressure well.
- Experience in working in the protection sector.
- Experience delivering training and curriculums.
- Experience working with big teams.
Application Closing Date
14th July, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
- CARE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. CARE considers all applicants on the basis of merit without prejudice to race, sexual orientation, religion, disability, age, color, national origin, marital status, or veteran status.
- There are individuals who may use CARE’s name and trademark in emails and on websites in an attempt to solicit fees from interested job-seekers. Please note that CARE will not request for any monetary payments from applicants at any stage of the recruitment process.
- CARE strongly encourage women to apply.