Project Coordinator, KCC at Plan International – TDPel Jobs
Plan International is an independent development and humanitarian non-profit organisation that advances children’s rights and equality for girls. We support children’s rights from birth until they reach adulthood, and enable children to prepare for – and respond to – crises and adversity. We believe in the power and potential of every child, but know this is often suppressed by poverty, violence, exclusion and discrimination.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Project Coordinator, KCC
Location: Bauchi, Nigeria
- The position holder is overall responsible to lead the Kimberly Clark Kotex Menstrual Hygiene project in Bauchi state and working closely with the State and LGA government officials, partner and other stakeholders for delivery of quality project results in line with donor and state expectations.
Dimensions of the Role
- The Project Coordinator will ensure timely delivery of project interventions and results, including supporting to project management. Will contribute to compliance to donor requirements.
- Ensure gender equality and child safeguarding mainstreaming in the project implementation cycle. Provide regular and timely project and financial report of the project.
- The Project coordinator will also work closely with other support departments including logistics, finance, MEAL and HR to ensure proper procurement, forecasting and recruitment/staff management.
- Oversee the development, submission and implementation of the quarterly and annual work plans.
- Oversee the development, submission and updating of monthly, quarterly and other reports on the project.
- Lead implementation of Social Behaviour change communication component of the project, including development, printing and distribution of IEC materials and social media engagements.
- Lead on the set up and implementation of the adolescent peer educator programme.
- Ensure regular strategic engagements including facilitating coordination meetings to promote project visibility and sustainability and local ownership by stakeholders.
- Lead on regular PMF reviews to track progress and work with donor and other stakeholders to ensure delivery of quality results.
- Oversee programme quality in accordance with Plan International and Donor policies and best practices.
- Build on existing and seek new synergies for advocacy at LGA level, technical working groups and other for a.
- Lead on the development of knowledge management content from project processes, learnings and results.
- Ensure strong cooperation and coordination with Gender Equality and Child safeguarding units to ensure all programming is sensitive to and, where possible, actively reducing protection risks amongst vulnerable population groups.
- Ensure community involvement in all phases of the project cycle.
- Liaise with relevant colleagues to assure programme quality and alignment to global, national and Plan International standards.
- Conducting above tasks and any other tasks requested by BORN CE Program manager and Head of Social Development Programmes.
Finance, Admin and Logistics:
- Monitor and manage programme expenditure and budgets, ensuring resources are optimally utilized and spending is in line with Plan International financial procedures and Donor requirements.
- Follow up and ensure that invoices and supporting files are accurate, consistent and submitted timely to donor and Plan International Nigeria Country office.
- Lead in monthly financial review or expenditure against programme plan and implement revisions as required.
- Liaise with relevant colleagues, through coordinated planning to ensure efficient and timely procurement and use of supplies necessary for the smooth running of the programme.
Monitoring and Evaluation:
- Monitor and measure the progress of project activities and taking necessary action accordingly.
- Conduct timely routine activity quality monitoring activities, including field-site– ensure data is shared in a timely fashion with the Country Office M and E manager.
- Ensure programme delivery is in line with, and contributes to achievement of results in the approved Performance management framework.
- Support to M and E team in conducting need assessment, data and information collection for current programs and for the development of future proposal.
- Ensure effective networking and coordination with relevant stakeholders, such as Government authorities, other NGOs, and relevant Agencies operating in the Health/SRH/menstrual hygiene management space in Bauchi state.
- Participate and represent in state partner forum and other fora.
- Support timely recruitment to fill vacant positions, and new staff recruited are inducted and trained as per the needs of the programme and the organisation.
- Nurture team spirit on the project.
- Regular review of project staff performance and timely feedback to address staff performance.
- Ensure that all staff on the project are aware of and comply with Plan International’s Nigeria policies and procedures.
- Ensure that all staff are provided with the necessary support and advice to carry out their duties.
- Ensure the project team carry out their work in accordance with Plan International’s security Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and the Security Management Plan (SMP).
- Assist the Security manager with security analysis through the sharing of important security information collected through field work.
- Participate in the revision of SOPs and the SMP when necessary and other security related duties when necessary.
- Provide safety and security management for all staff on the field in respect to implementation activities according Plan International Security Standard Operating Procedures.
Technical Expertise, Skills and Knowledge
Qualifications and Experience:
- University education in Medical Sciences or related course. An Advanced Degree such as MPH, MSc in International Development or relevant health field will be an added advantage.
- 5 year or more experience providing technical support to health especially SRHR and Menstrual hygiene management projects in Nigeria, preferably in Northern Nigeria.
- Experience in utilizing social behavioural communication and adolescent peer education methodologies will be a plus.
- A history of productive involvement with local partners, including from government, traditional leadership, and civil society
- Demonstrated knowledge and background in community mobilization and engagement on SRHR/MHM projects.
- Demonstrated problem solving skills, collaboration experience, creativity and willingness to innovate
- Experience drafting project reporting and monitoring project progress
- Excellent written and spoken English language skills
- Knowledge of Hausa language preferred but not required.
Skills & Knowledge:
- Basic financial and administrative skills
- Communicates clearly and effectively appropriate to the audience
- Possession of good report writing skills
- Passion for learning and development.
- Good computer literacy skills.
- Team player.
- Provides good and adequate administrative support to enable the project meet its agreed program outcomes.
- Actively seeks for support in addressing difficulties in execution of duties.
Application Closing Date
2nd June, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online