Project Administrator at Cooperazione Internazionale (COOPI) – TDPel Jobs
Cooperazione Internazionale (COOPI) is an Italian humanitarian non-governmental organization founded in Milan in 1965. COOPI aims to help the world’s poorest to improve their access to healthcare, food, and financial security, and to overcome their special vulnerability to wars, civil conflicts and natural disasters. For 50 years of long-term support and constant presence in the field, COOPI has been engaged in breaking the cycle of poverty and responding to specific emergencies in numerous sectors, including Food Security, Humanitarian Aid, Health, Socio-Economical Services, Water and Sanitation, Human Rights, Education and Training, Migrations and Sustainable Energy.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Project Administrator
Employment Type: Full-time
- The Project Administrator is responsible to execute all the tasks that regard the financial activities of the field base and in support to the projects being implemented on the field, and to support the Regional Administrator and Head of Base in the delivery of the field activities to reach the results and objectives of the projects.
Main Responsibilities and Tasks
Under the direct supervision of the Country Administrator, and in collaboration with the Head of the Base, and other collaborators of the projects, he/She will:
- Perform the duties of Cash Management, which includes responsibility for all cash transactions in the office, daily entries in the COOPI-Cooperazione Internazionale accounting system and supervisions of administration Assistants in cash handlings and management
- Prepare documents for payment and verify supporting documents according to COOPI rules as well as country specific legal regulations;
- Assist as needed in uploading on a weekly basis the daily Cash Book to the Regional Administrator and perform related cash reconciliation and balancing;
- Organize, file and scan all payment vouchers with related supporting documents when corrected and approved Cash Book has been returned from Coordination Office
- Keep the country and individual project inventory records updated in cooperation with the Logistics Department and assist in performing random physical inventories and stock-takings;
- Be the finance focal point for cash distributions to projects, checking documentation prior to and after distributions and being present to monitor distributions and payments.
- Make bank runs including transfer requests, withdrawals, and issuing/receiving letters and bank statements ect…
- Assist with any other duties in the Department, as directed by the Regional Administrator, Head of Office and Finance/Admin/HR Officer.
- This job description is not intended to be all inclusive and the employee will also perform other related tasks as required and assigned by the Project Administrator, Finance officer, Regional Administrator and HR manager.
- This ToR shall be inclusive of any other task specifically assigned by the direct supervisor for what concerns the implementation of the program activities.
Skills and Competencies of the Candidate (Education, Training, Competences, Skills)
- Bachelor Degree or its equivalent in Accountancy or Finance, Social Science courses, Business Management, Business Administration, Public Administration, or related subject, with previous experience working in humanitarian projects.
- Evidence of NYSC discharge certificate, with previous experience working in developmental and emergency projects especially in NGO/INGO or financialw3 sector.
- Masters in Accounting, Finance or Administration
- Professional qualifications like ICAN, ACCA or ANAN will be an added advantage.
Desired Competencies / Skills
- 3 – 5 years in Project Admin related work experience with an International NGO
- Experience in data collection, collation and archiving
- Work related skills : good knowledge of cash management, daily administration tasks, logistics and procurement tasks
- Fluency in English and local languages.
- Ability to plan and organize work and write clear and concise reports and communicate effectively (both in writing and verbally)
- Proven ability to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines
- Excellent communication skills.
- Proven commitment to accountability
- Excellent computer skills with proficiency in MS excel.
- Strong analysis skills (qualitative and qualitative)
- Excellent interpersonal skills, written and verbal communications
- Strong cultural awareness and sensitivity
- Good understanding of complex emergencies and crisis contexts
- Demonstrated skills in management, teamwork, negotiation and consensus-building
- Excellent knowledge of English, with fair understanding in Hausa.
- Willing and able to be based and travel regularly within remote areas, where services are limited.
Application Closing Date
14th July, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Important Information and Notice
Carefully observing the details as follows:
- Cover Letter and an updated CV should be a single document (not exceeding 4 pages) in English
- Contact details (name, position, email address and tel. no.) of 3 professional references must be provided, whereas 1 must be for the latest employer including that of the HR / Admin person. Please do not attach any written recommendations.
- Only motivated applicants who are able to perform the stipulated duties and meet the required qualifications will be considered. CV’s – only applications will not be considered.
- The position title and location must be written in the subject line of the e-mail; otherwise, it may not be considered
- CVs will be reviewed on rolling bases
- Due to the large numbers of expected applicants, only short-listed candidates will be contacted and invited for an interview. We apologies for the inconvenience.
- COOPI considers all applicants based on merit without regard to race, sex, colour, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability.
- COOPI reserves the right to transfer position as per need / project demand any time during the project.
- Travelling from home to duty station will be staff own responsibility but facilitation could be provided as per situation;
- COOPI reserves the right to close the application before deadline, if the required number of candidates is attained rolling basis review of applications.
- Candidates will be responsible for his/her own travel, accommodation and feeding during the recruitment process;
- Other Terms & Condition will be part of Job Contract.