Police say a drunk man was arrested in a Bronx train station over the weekend with a strange-looking homemade rifle concealed in his trousers.
Saturday at 11:45 p.m., officers discovered Melvin Montoya, 37, inebriated at the 149th Street–Grand Concourse station in Mott Haven, according to officials.
According to authorities, while assisting Montoya, officers spotted a long, heavy metal object going down his leg.
According to police, when Montoya was stopped and questioned, he reached for the crudely constructed weapon.
According to police sources, the gun was a gas-operated one-shot rifle when the NYPD’s Emergency Service Unit arrived.
According to the sources, Montoya stated he constructed the rifle himself and that it is capable of shooting shots.
Police said he was charged with numerous charges of criminal possession of a weapon, including one for possession of a disguised firearm and another for carrying a firearm as a felon.
His criminal background was unknown at the time.
↯↯↯Read More On The Topic On TDPel Media ↯↯↯
Also On TDPel Media
- Dollar stagnates as traders evaluate Fed views prior to CPI
- Death toll from earthquakes surpasses 17,000 as rescue chances diminish
- Chrishell Stause receives surgery to remove an ovarian cyst from her body
- Security guard commits himself by shooting himself in Hillbrow police station
- ICYMI: Orlando Pirates skipper SUSPENDED – report
- Evangeline Lilly says Jeremy Renner is wheelchair-bound: ‘Miracle
- Burna Boy is still angry over his Grammy snub, and he disparages Zakes Bantwini
- Fantasy Premier League: Matchweek 23 expert advice
- What does the Bible say about homosexuality?
- Be sure to keep your dog cool during a heatwave