After Ndabaythethwa Ndlondlo utilized his celebration to record his first-ever goal for the Sea Robbers, Orlando Pirates veteran Benedict ‘Tso’ Vilakazi responded emotionally and moved.
Ndlondlo, a 27-year-old playmaker acquired from Gallants, scored the fourth goal in the Buccaneers’ 4-1 victory over Stellenbosch FC on Sunday. It was his debut goal for the team.
He sprinted to the corner flag in imitation of Vilakazi’s memorable celebration. Growing up, Ndlondlo looked up to Vilakazi, who is presently an iDiskiTv analyst and pundit. Vilakazi was unable to conceal his feelings following the match.
“When Orlando Pirates midfielder Ndabayithethwa Ndlondlo scored his beautiful goal against Stellenbosch, I was overcome with emotion,” he stated on iDiskiTV.
“Ndlondlo and I are roughly the same height, play similar positions, and wear Orlando Pirates jersey number 15.”
“I recognize that I am his role model as a Pirates legend, and I am pleased to see him honoring me in this way.
“As the all-time leading scorer for Pirates in the PSL era, no one can take away my accomplishments.
“I am pleased to see the younger generations recognize my legacy.”
For the first time this season, the Pirates have won two straight PSL matches. The fourth-placed men of Jose Riveiro are only five points behind second-place Richards Bay. Are they making food?
↯↯↯Read More On The Topic On TDPel Media ↯↯↯
Also On TDPel Media
- Celeb-loved We adore the new dry shampoo from Olaplex
- Terry Bradshaw makes jokes on-air about dying. “Consider the ratings”
- Stream or Skip: ‘Whitney Houston: I Wanna Dance with Somebody’ on VOD, a Flatline Biopic of a GOAT Who Deserves Better
- Ex-Pirates star says Bucs made him a $1 millionaire
- Salma Hayek says she was “dragged” to her wedding to François-Henri Pinault
- Influential model discovered dead in her car with 11 stab wounds
- Katie Rost, an alumna of ‘RHOP,’ confesses she relapsed: “I failed,” but I am “restarting.”
- Meghan Markle and Prince Harry are set to testify in Samantha’s defamation action
- Investigators say Putin supplied Buk missile that downed MH17 over Ukraine
- Andries was a bold and talented athlete – Steve Barker