Operations Manager at Tetra Tech – 2 Openings – TDPel Jobs
Tetra Tech – Our client is a key player in the Steel and Oil & Gas Industry with their operational bases located in the Northern part of Nigeria. Due to the desire to improve operational efficiency and effectiveness, our client seek the services of suitable candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: Operations Manager
Locations: Kano & Katsina
Reports To: Chief Operating Officer
- The Operations Manager will be responsible for capacity optimization of factors of production employed.
- He/she will develop and oversee the implementation of production schedules, monitors plant operations, analyses the production metrics, coordinates with other departments, and makes recommendations where necessary.
- The Operations Manager will ensure that operations are safely executed, regulatory requirements are duly met and technical issues resolved or escalated accordingly.
Key Roles and Duties
- Coordinate all activities and operations in the plant
- Plan and draw up a production schedule
- Determine and place order for required resources and also ensure stock levels remain adequate.
- Facilitate scheduled equipment maintenance and inspect and monitor production equipment on a regular basis.
- Set the quality standards.
- Ensure that the production will be cost effective by estimating costs and negotiating budgets with both clients and managers.
- Ensure that health and safety guidelines are always followed.
- Ensure timely completion of customer orders, within budget and according to pre agreed standards.
- Oversee the efficient distribution of manufactured goods to ensure timely and effective delivery to clients.
- Detect and eliminate constraints that limit productivity.
- Work with managers to implement the organization’s policies and goals.
- Collate and analyze data and prepare production reports for management.
- Review workers’ performance and identify training needs.
- Monitor the production processes and adjust schedules as may be necessary.
- Monitor productivity rates and product standards and implement quality control programs.
- Liaise with different departments, teams, and companies, e.g., suppliers, managers, clients.
- Carry out research to discover ways of improving current production/operational processes.
- Oversee long term planning initiatives geared towards enhanced operations.
Application Closing Date
24th July, 2021.