– TDPel Jobs
EdoBEST – The Edo State Government launched the Edo Basic Education Sector Transformation (EdoBEST) programme in 2018, to revolutionize basic education across the state. The programme is designed to deliver on the Governor’s core belief that ‘’once you get basic education right, everything else falls in place.’’ EdoBEST recognizes that a strong educational foundation will launch its children into a future of success and takes this responsibility seriously. The programme uses a holistic approach that centers on scientifically-based learning materials, a data-driven model and continuous capacity building.
EdoBEST is on track to serve hundreds of thousands of children across all government primary and junior secondary schools in the state, improving their learning outcomes and their life opportunities. Critically, the program is also investing in the professional development of government teachers, school leaders and education managers; providing capacity building for thousands of civil servants. Working hand in hand with the state government to entrench quality education and the structures that enable it is dynamic and urgent work. We need team members that are deeply passionate, thrive in ever-changing environments and enjoy digging into challenges. We are truly a team of trailblazers working to ensure that the children of Edo State have the opportunity to maximize their potential. We need those that are committed to this transformative programme, and inspired by its ambition, to join us!
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Officer, Policy & Partnerships
Location: Benin-City, Edo
Employment Type: Full-time
Policy and Partnerships
- The Policy & Partnerships team (P&P) engages with visionary political and Government leadership to help shape policy, strengthen delivery and impact complex education systems through comprehensive technical support. We work to ensure policies support children’s access, opportunity and advancement, and that there is an enabling environment for governments to work with technical assistance partners to enact large-scale system transformation.
- We ensure close collaboration, communication, and engagement with our government partners whom we serve in existing programs and the rest of the delivery teams to ensure we deliver on the promise of our program, and that the government sees solutions coming to the fore, and is participating in the work and recognizes the impact taking place. In support of the government program, may also engage with other dynamic influencers (NGOs, think-tanks, academicians, and bi- and multilateral agencies) to unlock additional support for our government programming and children in underserved communities.
- It is our responsibility to ensure that the program we deliver is understood by our government partner and to negotiate any changes or updates or new needs in the program as it evolves, and to seek its expansion and renewal, based on successful track-record and measured improved learning and positive impact.
About the Role
- As the Officer, Policy & Partnerships, you will help the programme to handle a wide range of operational and administrative tasks. You are a highly resourceful team player, who is comfortable working in a complex environment, sometimes under pressure, while remaining flexible, proactive, and efficient.
- You possess a high degree of self-confidence and executive presence, exercise discretion and diplomacy in all stakeholder interactions, have the ability to proactively anticipate and manage challenges, be a self-starter with strong abilities to manage multiple responsibilities.
- You will need to remain flexible to changes in schedule and work hours (including flexibility to work unconventional hours, as may occasionally be required). You have strong written and verbal communication, administrative, and organizational skills. You will report to the Director, P&P, supporting work across the department.
What You Will Do
- Support Policy & Partnerships team – Support with administrative and cross-functional activities include project management and coordination, facilitating service requests with NewGlobe teams and vendors, calendar and mailbox management, travel and transport arrangements, time and expense management, meeting coordination, stakeholder liaising, and providing back-up support for other members of the team both internal and externally including legislators, Members of Parliament, Local Government Officials, Ministry officials, etc.
- Stakeholder mapping and engagement – Manage broader strategic stakeholder management with NGO/donor/think tank/academic and other important ‘influencers’. Both in the hopes of obtaining material support for our communities and also managing our broader relations/standing with this important community;
- Support strategy drive – Expected strategic activities include conducting research, liaising and working with teams across the Policy and Partnerships team to produce quality deliverables, acting as rapporteur and co-ordinator for high-level /important meetings especially those involving diverse external stakeholders/parties and assisting to build and maintain key relationships that are a priority for EdoBEST Program.
- Support the P&P management to establish and implement short- and long-range goals, objectives, policies and operating procedures for government and stakeholder relations; monitor and evaluate program effectiveness; and effect changes required for improvement.
What You Should Have
- Professional working experience in a similar area (minimum 3 years).
- Experience at fast-paced organizations (additional experience in/with public institutions would be an advantage).
- A degree from an accredited College or University.
- Excellent verbal and superior writing and report presentation skills.
- Strong proficiency with Calendars, Document management, Spreadsheets and Analyses.
- Understands the complexities of working with people in multiple locations (both in-person and virtually).
- Can plan and conduct complex and sensitive administrative and operational duties.
- Experience working in or with government agencies is preferred.
- A detailed doer – You have a track record of getting things done. You’re organized and responsive. You take ownership of every idea you touch and execute it to a fine level of detail, setting targets, engaging others, and doing whatever it takes to get the job done. You can multi-task dozens of such projects at once and never lose sight of the details. Likely, you have some experience in a start-up or other rapid-growth company.
- A creative problem-solver– Growing any business from scratch comes with massive and constant challenges. On top of that, we work in often fragile, sometimes volatile low-resource communities and with complex government systems. You need to be flexible and ready to get everything done effectively, quickly, and affordably with the materials at hand.
- A relentless advocate – The children we serve and teachers we empower never leave your mind. You know them, get them, have shared a meal with them (or would be happy to in the future). You would never shrink back from shaking a parent’s hand or picking up a crying child, no matter what the person was wearing or looked like. Every decision you make considers their benefit, experience, and value.
- A malleable learner – You believe you can always do better. You welcome constructive criticism and provide it freely to others. You know you only get better tomorrow when others point out where you’ve missed things or failed today.
- A data-driven decision-maker – When making decisions, you don’t rely on your intuition alone. You collect data, you analyze it and make decisions with clear justifications.
- A curious investigator – You ask why a lot. You don’t just take what you see and accept it. You wonder why it is that way, and are aware that the world we see is created by human choices and actions – and it could be different. You wonder, and see the world as wonderful even when you want to change a part of it that is unjust.
Application Closing Date
19th July, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online