Wednesday evening during rush hour, an off-duty FBI agent fatally shot a guy on a packed train station in Washington, D.C., according to authorities.
During a news conference, DC police stated that a special agent and a man engaged in a struggle that resulted in the guy sliding eight feet off the platform inside the Metro Center Station around 6:20 p.m., after which the agent fired multiple shots at the man, killing him.
Executive Assistant Chief of Police for the District of Columbia, Ashan Benedict, stated that the guy who was murdered appears to have initiated the conflict, and that a “experienced” agent is thought to be the victim.
The man “assaulted” the agent, leading to a battle between them. Benedict stated that one grabbed the other and both fell over a wall to a lower walkway away from the train tracks.
According to him, the fight continued on the lower level until the off-duty agent pulled out his revolver and shot the other man.
On December 7, 2022 in Washington, D.C., the off-duty FBI agent and the guy tussled before gunfire prompted passengers to flee for their lives from the station.
It is unknown whether the deceased individual was armed. Two hours later, when the press conference was conducted, no firearm had been retrieved.
The agent was sent to a local hospital for minor injuries.
Red Line service was halted after the sound of shooting echoed through the crowded station, causing commuters to fear and suspending service.
According to social media posts, witnesses witnessed hundreds of people fleeing the station and straphangers falling to the ground upon hearing gunshots.
At least one train passed through the station without stopping when the conductor presumably heard the gunshots, despite the station’s presence.
“Really appreciative for the swift response and careful attention by our train operator today,” tweeted Metro General Manager and CEO Randy Clarke. “Their response during tonight’s police-involved incident at @wmata Metro Center kept customers safe from possible harm.”
Together with the FBI, DC police are conducting the investigation into the incident.
↯↯↯Read More On The Topic On TDPel Media ↯↯↯
Also On TDPel Media
- RJ Barrett wanting to play Knicks final game before NBA trade deadline
- Thief kicks NYC straphanger down subway stairs: cops
- Biden immigration problem to cost NYC $4.2B, twice Eric Adams’ estimate
- Grammy-winning artist Zakes Bantwini’s net worth, booking fee, and other details
- Brandi Glanville Romanced Caroline Manzo’s While Filming ‘RHUGT’: Report
- US military releases pictures of Chinese spy balloon recovery
- Las Vegas man arrested for allegedly stealing pregnant woman’s 2 French bulldogs at gunpoint
- Two men arrested in 1975 murder of an Indiana schoolgirl who “fought for her life”
- Posthumous election of a mayoral candidate in Ecuador hours after a murder
- Travis Kelce quips that he must “start reproducing” to keep up with his brother Jason