Nurses (Malaria Activity, 4 – 5 month) at Medecins Sans Frontieres – France – TDPel Jobs
Medecins Sans Frontieres (MSF) is a private, not-for-profit international humanitarian organization dedicated to providing medical assistance to populations in distress, without discrimination and regardless of race, religion, creed, or political affiliation.
The French Section of Médecins Sans Frontières is currently recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Nurse (Malaria Activity)
Contract: 208 working hours per month and roster flexibility required
- Providing nursing care, treatment, and follow-up of patients, according to doctors’ prescriptions, protocols applied in service, and universal hygiene standards/precautions, in order to ensure the quality and continuity of care for the targeted population
- Knowing, promoting, implementing, and following up the universal hygiene standards/ precautions, bio-hazard prevention and infection control, security rules, and other protocols and procedures in the medical premises and ensuring high standards of hygiene of his/her working environment. Respecting medical secrets and confidentiality at all times.
- Organizing and carrying out care and treatments according to medical prescriptions, and assisting during consultations, daily rounds, and other medical procedures. Participating in health education of the patient (and family) when necessary.
- Identifying Sexually Gender-Based Violence victims and referring them to the medical team so they can receive the necessary treatment. Knowing and is aware of the importance and appropriate use of the Post Exposure Prophylaxis (PEP) Kit
- Ensuring patients are properly received and installed and that those with a lack of autonomy are assisted, especially regarding their feeding, personal hygiene, movements, and comfort. For ER and OPD nurses, ensuring triage of patients in waiting areas, wards, or during emergencies, detecting the priority acute/emergency cases, carrying out first aid care, and referring them to the doctor when necessary
- Carrying out admission, surveillance, and follow-up of patients (i.e. assessment of the evolution of their state of health and the identification of any emergency situation or deterioration
- Carrying and supervising administrative procedures and documents (fill in patient’s files, forms, consumptions, statistics, registers, health files, etc.), ensuring an appropriate written/oral handover, and reporting any problematic situations and cases that may arise. Participating in data collection and keeping doctors/supervisors informed.
- Participating in the department-related pharmacy and medical equipment control and maintenance (quality and its functioning, storage conditions, follow-up of expired drugs inventories, stock take of medicines and material at every team changeover ensuring no material is taken out of nursing area/wards without prior authorization, etc.)
- Perform cleaning and minor maintenance for biomedical equipment used. Following the user manual and protocols and alert the supervisor in case of malfunctioning.
- Supervising and training nurse-aids, nutritional assistants, cleaners, and other related staff under his/her supervision, ensuring teamwork and adherence to all appropriate protocols and procedures
- Recognized Nurse Degree / Diploma
- Bachelor’s Degree in Science of Nursing Desirable
- Valid NCN registration and Practicing Licence
- Desirable 2 years of previous experience and previous experience in other NGO’s
- Demonstrable experience in supervising and training others in a team setting
- English and Hausa essential; any other local language desirable.
- According to MSF France salary grid.
Application Closing Date
7th August, 2021 by 5:00pm.