National Programme Policy Officer (Partnership) NOB at the United Nations World Food Programme (UN WFP) – TDPel Jobs
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: National Programme Policy Officer (Partnership) NOB
Job ID: 142796
Location: Damaturu, Yobe
Employment Type: Full-time
- This job is found in Headquarters (HQ), Regional Bureaux (RBs) or Country Offices (COs) and job holders report to a more senior Programme Policy Officer.
- Job holders operate with a high degree of independence, manage more junior staff to ensure that programme and policy objectives are achieved in full. They are usually involved in a wide variety of programme and policy activities and analytical work, some of which may be of a considerable complexity. At this level job holders are expected to contribute to performance improvement.
- To provide support to policy and programme activities that effectively meet food assistance needs.
Key Accountabilites (Not all-inclusive)
- Contribute towards the development of a wide variety of projects, plans and processes, ensuring alignment with wider programme policies and guidance.
- Provide project management support to specific and defined programmes and projects of considerable size/complexity, ensuring a coordinated approach with wider programmes that complies with WFP standards and procedures.
- Develop and coordinate data gathering and monitoring systems ensuring that rigorous quality standards are maintained.
- Research and analyse a range of policy and operational issues to inform the development of policies, programmes and activities.
- Contribute to the preparation of accurate and timely reporting on programmes and activities that enable informed decision making and consistency of information presented to stakeholders.
- Liaise with internal and external counterparts to ensure effective collaboration, monitor ongoing projects and highlight potential risks to project delivery.
- Support the identification, development and management of potential partnerships to collaborative working leading to improved food assistance packages.
- Support the capacity building of WFP staff, partners and national government to prepare for and respond to food assistance needs, e.g. through providing inputs into training materials.
- Guide and supervise more junior staff, acting as a point of referral and supporting them with analysis and queries.
- Other as required.
Other Specific Job Requirements
This section is optional to describe additional responsibilities & knowledge required for the specific job.
Responsible to support / supervise partnership program assistants:
- Actively participate and coordinate Technical Review Committees (TRCs) and Cooperating Partners Committees (CPC);
- Internal & external coordination; capacity building of staff and partners;
- External communication & CP meetings;
- Ttechnical support on TRCs & CPCs; working closely with Damaturu Head of Programme in different operational matters related to partnership
- Accountable for the FLA management for all CPs/Govt partners at Sub Office level.
- Accountable for Invoicing and reconciliation of the monthly invoices raised by all Cooperating Partners at the Sub-Office.
Standard Minimum Qualification
- Advanced University degree in International Affairs, Economics, Nutrition/Health, Agriculture, Environmental Science, Social Sciences or other field relevant to international development assistance, or First University Degree with additional years of related work experience and/or trainings/courses.
- Fluency (level C) in English language is compulsory. Knowledge of Kanuri and Hausa is desirable
- Has deepened technical knowledge through exposure to technical teams.
- Has taken leadership of implementing programmes.
- Has provided input into policy discussions and decisions.
Application Closing Date
6th July, 2021 – 11:59pm Nigerian time.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Terms and Conditions
- Only Nigerian nationals are eligible to apply for this position.
- Applications are to be submitted and received online and in English language only.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Canvassing is strictly prohibited. Canvassing of any sort will lead to automatic disqualification of the concerned applicant.