Medical Doctor –Gomboru/Ngala at Medecins Sans Frontieres – Switzerland – TDPel Jobs
Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an international, independent, medical humanitarian organisation that delivers emergency aid to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, healthcare exclusion and natural disasters. MSF offers assistance to people based only on need and irrespective of race, religion, gender or political affiliation.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Nurse – Gomboru/Ngala
Location: Gomboru / Ngala , Borno
Employment Type: Contract
Place of Recruitment: Gamboru
Type of Contract: Fixed Term
Scope of responsibilities and accountabilities:
- Provide outpatient and/or inpatient medical care to patients/beneficiaries according to adapted and updated medical knowledge, MSF protocols, values and universal hygiene standards to improve the patients/beneficiaries health conditions.
- Apply medical knowledge and skills to diagnose and prevention. Carry out outpatient and inpatient consultations, prescribing the necessary treatment respecting MSF protocols.
- Keep the patient and/or his/her family informed about the illness and provide appropriate explanations about the treatment to follow, checking they have understood.
- Follow up the evolution of the hospitalized/IDP patients, through daily visits , consultations and examinations, prescribing the necessary treatment following MSF protocols, deciding whether they can be discharged or transferred to other departments – in collaboration with other doctors- and informing their family about the patient’s evolution.
- Check and control the rational distribution of medicines and equipment under his/her responsibility and take care the quality, disinfection and sterilization of the medical material. Assure general compliance with standing hygiene standards.
- Participate in the collection and analysis of epidemiological data, checking its validity and informing the line manager or project coordinator about any problem or complication of the patients illness, medical error and monitors the proper functioning of the department, equipment or material.
- Ensure ongoing training of the medical/paramedical multidisciplinary team in order to optimize the quality of care.
- Knows and ensures all MSF medical protocols are followed and implemented, checking universal precautions are followed at all times and reducing bio-hazard risks and improving infection control. Ensures professional confidentiality is respected.
- Manage the team under his/her direct responsibility according to MSF HR policies and procedures, supervising their performance, organizing and scheduling shifts and rotations, directly participating in emergencies and on calls if necessary.
- Essential medicine degree. Training in tropical medicine desirable.
- Essential working experience of at least two years in related position
- Essential computer literacy (word, excel and internet)
- Valid practicing licences.
- Commitment, Flexibility, Stress Management, Results, Teamwork, Service
Method of Application
Include on your application
Complete CV and Copies of all certificates and diplomas mentioned in the CV.
- Updated contact details and ID
- Contact information of the previous employer/s for reference.
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the position as subject of email.
CANDIDATE APPLYING MUST HAVE A VALID NATIONAL IDENTITY CARD ISSUED BY NIMC & A BVN NUMBER
MSF is an equal opportunity employer, both men and women are encouraged to apply.
No monetary transactions, neither demands of favours in kind, nor other types of favouritism will be tolerated in the recruitment process. MSF reserves the right to refuse hiring of a candidate having benefitted from such acts. All illicit demands of these types may be pursued through the judicial system
MSF thanks all the candidates for their interest in this position. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.