Medical Doctor at Medecins Sans Frontieres – France – TDPel Jobs
Medecins Sans Frontieres is a private, not-for-profit international humanitarian organization dedicated to providing medical assistance to populations in distress, without discrimination and regardless of race, religion, creed or political affiliation.
The French Section of Medecins Sans Frontières is currently recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Medical Doctor
- Provide outpatient and/or inpatient medical care to patients/beneficiaries according to adapted and updated medical knowledge, MSF protocols, values and universal hygiene standards to improve the patients/beneficiary’s health conditions.
- Apply medical knowledge and skills to diagnose and prevention. Carry out outpatient and inpatient consultations, prescribing the necessary treatment respecting MSF protocols.
- Keep the patient and/or his/her family informed about the illness and provide appropriate explanations about the treatment to follow, checking they have understood.
- Follow up the evolution of the hospitalized/IPD patients, through daily visits , consultations and examinations, prescribing the necessary treatment following MSF protocols, deciding whether they can be discharged or transferred to other departments – in collaboration with other doctors- and informing their family about the patient’s evolution.
- Check and control the rational distribution of medicines and equipment under his/her responsibility and take care the quality, disinfection and sterilization of the medical material. Assure general compliance with standing hygiene standards.
- Participate in the collection and analysis of epidemiological data, checking its validity and informing the line manager or project coordinator about any problem or complication of the patient’s illness, medical error and monitors the proper functioning of the department, equipment or material.
- In collaboration with the Head Nurse and the Medical Activity Manager, ensure ongoing training of the medical/paramedical multidisciplinary team in order to optimize the quality of care.
- Knows and ensures all MSF medical protocols are followed and implemented, checking universal precautions are followed at all times and reducing bio-hazard risks and improving infection control. Ensures professional confidentiality is respected.
- Medical Doctor Degree Essential
- Tropical Medicine Degree Desirable
- Valid MDCN Registration and Practicing Licence
- 2-year experience minimum as a Medical Doctor or in clinical work (can be within medical training).
- Desirable in tropical medicine, or post-registration experience in Public Health,OBS and Gynae, Pediatrics, Infectious diseases, HIV/AIDS/STDs, TB, General Practice, General Medicine or Minor Surgery.
- English and Hausa essential;any other local language desirable.
- 208 working hours per month and roster flexibility required
- According to MSF France salary grid
Application Closing Date
7th August, 2021 by 5:00pm.
The post Medical Doctor at Medecins Sans Frontieres – France appeared first on Jobs in Nigeria – http://jobsinnigeria.careers.