Mathieu van der Poel supporters troll Brighton-Le-Sands Novotel after assault charge

Mathieu van der Poel supporters troll Brighton-Le-Sands Novotel after assault charge

Cycling haters are wrecking a Sydney hotel after a well-known Dutch rider admitted to assaulting two young girls as part of a knock-and-run prank.

After chasing a group of girls, aged 12 to 14, through the hallway of the Novotel in Brighton-Le-Sands in southeast Sydney, cyclist Mathieu van der Poel, 27, pleaded guilty to two charges of common assault on Monday.

Following the assault, Van der Poel withdrew from the men’s world road cycling championships scheduled for Sunday in Wollongong.

Following the cyclist’s arrest and charge, incensed Van der Poel supporters are ruining the Novotel by posting scathing Google reviews.

All night long, children are pounding on doors. Only when I took action against those spoiled brats did management respond. A whole year’s worth of planning was wasted. Thank you, Novotel,” commented one reviewer.

‘At least your hotel has gained international attention. Police are being called because a paying visitor can’t sleep. I believe a refund was provided, according to another review.

Another review that was translated said: “Dramatic hotel with absolutely no manners. Putting up with obnoxious youngsters and allowing a global athlete to sabotage his training in that way One star is still excessive.

One of the favorites to win the global road race, the talented rider, who has won a stage on both the Tour de France and the Giro d’Italia, retired 37 kilometers into the arduous 267-kilometer circuit.

At 4 am on the morning of the competition, the Dutch competitor was freed from police custody after being detained the previous evening.

Even though his girlfriend, Roxanne Bertels, had requested them to stop, Van der Poel slammed the door of the group of ladies who had been banging on his room door on the ninth floor of the hotel all evening on Saturday.

According to court records acquired by Daily Mail Australia, the rider waited for the girls to knock on Room 930’s door again between 10.40 and 10.50 p.m., unlocked the door, and pursued the girls into the room next door.

Footage exclusively shown to Daily Mail Australia shows a 14-year-old in the hotel corridor moments before she is pursued by an angry Van der Poel (pictured)

The cyclist is seen chasing after the young girl and then pulling her by the arm until she falls over and badly grazes her elbow (right)

According to a police statement of facts, van der Poel “grabbed her by both of her arms, gripping them and pushed her against a wall while shouting at her” while the 14-year-old “went into a corner and slumped down concealing her face.”

A 12-year-old girl recorded video of her 14-year-old sister crying and rushing into her hotel room at 10.40 p.m. as a furious van der Poel pursued her.

Before being cornered and pulled by the arms till she falls and grazes her elbow, the adolescent is seen whimpering and covering her face with her hands.

After pushing a 13-year-old girl up against a hotel wall, 27-year-old Van der Poel leaves the wounded girl lying on the ground and chases after her.

The girl’s father, Emad, gave Daily Mail Australia exclusive access to the footage and provided the publication with a snapshot of his daughter’s injuries, which revealed layers of flesh that had been burned off by the carpet.

According to Emad, the irate rider was also screaming at Emad’s 12-year-old youngest child, asking whether she was doing the same thing, and she was freaking out. They are deeply rattled.

However, they were in danger. He referred to the girls’ “knock and run” prank as being in danger when van der Poel became upset and attacked them.

He had every right to be upset, but he shouldn’t have acted in that way.

Van der Poel chose to enter guilty pleas before Magistrate Hugh Donnelly in Sutherland Local Court on Monday in order to fly home. He was originally scheduled to appear in court on Tuesday.

He was found guilty of two counts of common assault and was sentenced to pay a fine of $1500.

The athlete’s performance in the race was “impeded by the behaviour of these two minors,” according to Magistrate Hugh Donnelley, but he “shouldn’t have taken the situation into his own hands,” the judge stated.

In an interview with the Belgian website Sporza, Van der Poel stated: “I went to bed early and several kids in the corridor of my room felt it necessary to bang on the door repeatedly.

I got tired of it after using it a few times. I didn’t beg you to quit so sweetly. Then I was seized and the cops were called.

I didn’t get back to my room until 4 p.m. It’s clear that’s not ideal. Even if it’s a catastrophe, there is nothing I can do about it.

His Team Alpecin-Deceuninck manager, Christoph Roodhooft, described the Dutch star’s withdrawal from the race as leaving him “shattered.”

According to Roodhooft, “He didn’t sleep all night and was emotionally a little shattered as well.”

He had high expectations on this particular day (the race) and had given all he had following a disappointing Tour de France.

He was expecting to have a good race today since riding had brought him pleasure and happiness once again.

»Mathieu van der Poel supporters troll Brighton-Le-Sands Novotel after assault charge«

↯↯↯Read More On The Topic On TDPel Media ↯↯↯