Senator Joe Manchin, a Democrat from West Virginia, has refuted President Joe Biden’s claim that he intends to close coal mines across the country and replace them with wind and solar power.
The moderate termed the remarks ‘outrageous and far from reality’ and stated, ‘Comments like these are the reason why the American people are losing faith in President Biden.’
The scathing statement made by Manchin on Saturday, implying that Biden’s viewpoint varies ‘depending on the audience and politics of the day,’ comes only three days before the midterm elections, when the Democrats are attempting to avoid massive losses at the hands of the Republicans.
Manchin continued, “It is disrespectful and despicable to be cavalier about the loss of coal jobs for men and women in West Virginia and around the country who actually put their lives on the line to help and power our country.”
“The President owes these extraordinary workers a quick and public apology, and it is time for him to understand that his words have weight and repercussions.”
Friday during an event in Carlsbad, California, Biden made the remarks that prompted Manchin’s outraged outburst.
Senator Joe Manchin, a Democrat from West Virginia, has refuted President Joe Biden’s claim that he intends to shut down coal facilities nationwide.
Friday during an event in Carlsbad, California, Biden made the remarks that provoked Manchin’s outraged outburst.
Biden stated, “About a month ago, I was in Massachusetts at the site of the largest abandoned coal plant in the United States.”
What’s that? They spent too much money on it. They are innumerate. No new coal plants are being constructed because they cannot be relied upon. Even if they have enough coal for the remainder of the plant’s existence.
Therefore, it will become a wind generation.
It’s going to save them a ton of money, and using the same transmission lines that carried coal-fired electricity, we’re going to be shutting down these plants all across the United States and replacing them with wind and solar power, as well as providing tax credits to help families buy energy-efficient appliances, such as your refrigerator or coffee maker, for solar panels on your home, weatherize your home, and other things that save an average of $2,000 per year.
The Republican National Committee denounced the remarks and stated, “Joe Biden celebrates the loss of jobs at coal plants.”
Biden stated that “generating electricity from wind and solar is less expensive than from coal and oil.”
“Literally cheaper,” stated the president. ‘Not a joke.’
The Department of Energy reported in June that 29,271 jobs were lost in the fossil fuels industry in 2021.
Manchin is a proponent of coal, and around 11,000 West Virginians are employed in the coal business.
Earlier this year, he reached an agreement with Biden to pass the Inflation Reduction Act, which was loaded with climate policies.
In August at the White House, Biden gives Manchin the pen he used to sign the Democrats’ historic climate change and health care legislation.
↯↯↯Read More On The Topic On TDPel Media ↯↯↯
Also On TDPel Media
- Do I want this for my son? Elizabeth Chambers, Armie Hammer’s ex-wife, speaks
- Marine who crashed with Dem. Senator criticizes police inaction
- Chechen commander urges Russia to attack Poland to “denazify and demilitarize”
- Andrea Yates’s husband believes she should not be prosecuted for paralysis and postpartum depression
- 15-year-old boy who brutally beat a 9-year-old child on a Florida school bus is charged with battery
- Putin mercenary who ‘waved the skull of a dead Ukrainian’ was shot in the head and died as a result
- Investigators claim Putin ‘supplied Buk missile’ that downed airliner MH17 over Ukraine
- 50 mph motorist is stopped by police for eating soup while driving
- Aussie visitors cautioned about sneaking narcotics into Bali as Brazilian teen faces death punishment
- Ex-bartender suggests bars employ “banter police” to cut down on drunken banter