If the Glamour Bots can return to the CAF Champions League, Kaizer Chiefs coach Arthur Zwane will be pleased.
Zwane appears to have given up on the league title after his team’s 1-0 loss to Mamelodi Sundowns.
Arthur Zwane’s Amakhosi have lost three consecutive Premier Soccer League (PSL) matches, marking the first time in history that the Glamour Boys have lost their opening three PSL games of a calendar year. They are currently sixth in the table, 22 points behind Sundowns, and despite having a game in hand over the Brazilians, Zwane is resigned to the fact that his team will not win the league.
The Glamour Boys will now aim for second place, which would qualify them for the famous CAF Champions League, a competition they last participated in two years ago when they reached the final before losing to Al Ahly.
The Chiefs did not qualify for continental play this season due to their fifth-place performance in 2021-22. However, SuperSport United, Richards Bay, and Orlando Pirates will all be vying for second place, so it’s far from a foregone conclusion, especially considering Chiefs’ awful form in 2023. Even Sekhukhune United are in contention!
“We want to play in the Champions League next season,” Zwane was reported as saying by IOL. “I experienced it in 2021 as an assistant coach for the club.
“I wish to return there. This will assist our athletes mature and understand what it’s like to compete at that level, while some of them are required to serve their nation.
Consequently, it is crucial for us to compete at this level. Consequently, we will strive for a second-place finish if we cannot obtain anything. And I believe that to be plausible.”
Burnley agrees to pay R186 million for the services of Bafana Bafana player Lyle Foster.
Chiefs are now four points behind Orlando Pirates, although eleventh-placed Maritzburg is only four points behind them and has won two consecutive games. However, as we all know, things can change rapidly in football.
Several supporters have asked for Zwane’s dismissal due to the club’s current eight-year trophy drought. Their loss in the 2021 CAF Cjampions League final feels like a distant memory as well. Amakhosi’s next league match is scheduled for January 29 against Royal AM.
It’s a must-win, but we say that about Kaizer Chiefs all the time.
BBC FA Cup coverage was humorously interrupted by a pornographic audio clip
↯↯↯Read More On The Topic On TDPel Media ↯↯↯
Also On TDPel Media
- Madrid destroyed Percy Tau’s Al-Ahly in the Fifa Club World Cup semifinals
- Return of Jadon Sancho salvages a point for Manchester United
- Balenciaga joins children’s advocacy group after BDSM teddy bear incident
- “Tshedi is the show”: Fans of “The Wife” commend Motsoaledi Setumo
- “Age is just a number,” Carl Niehaus argues in response to the “blesser” moniker
- Updated figures place Elon Musk within striking distance of the world’s wealthiest position
- Iceland project to combat child drinking and drug use in George
- Death toll from earthquakes surpasses 16,000 as rescue chances diminish
- Gail and Kabelo Mabalane celebrate their tenth wedding anniversary
- R32 million PowerBall winner has come forward to claim their prize