Laboratory Technician at Medecins Sans Frontieres – France – TDPel Jobs
Medecins Sans Frontieres is a private, not-for-profit international humanitarian organization dedicated to providing medical assistance to populations in distress, without discrimination and regardless of race, religion, creed or political affiliation.
The French Section of Medecins Sans Frontières is currently recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Laboratory Technician
- Perform clinical laboratory activities according to MSF protocols, security and hygiene measures in order to obtain results to determine the patient’s treatment.
- According to medical prescription, preparing and performing clinical exams/tests with appropriate techniques and following MSF protocols and procedures. This function includes, among others:
- Collecting samples (blood, urine, stool, Etc) and perform exams as prescribed by the clinician.
- Centrifuging blood and urine samples.
- Performing laboratory exams
- Have a good mastery on blood transfusion process
- Ensuring proper reporting and registration of the sample results in order to keep a written track of activity and give information to the relevant persons, ensuring confidentiality.
- Perform cleaning and minor maintenance for biomedical equipment used. Following the user manual and protocols and alert supervisor in case of malfunctioning
- Applying hygiene and safety protocols, doing daily cleaning /maintenance, sterilization, washing general glassware after procedures are done.
- Ensuring proper sample waste disposal according to MSF protocols and highest safety standards.
- Supplying orders, do stock, storage conditions follow-up, keep inventory.
- Reporting all relevant information linked to the activity in the laboratory to the line manager, especially the loss/robbery/damage of laboratory equipment or medicines.
- Laboratory Technician Diploma / Degree – Essential
- Minimum 1 year working experience essential.
- Computer literacy essential
- English and Hausa essential, any other local language desirable
- 208 working hours per month and roster flexibility required
According to MSF France salary grid.
Application Closing Date
7th August, 2021 by 5:00pm.
The post Laboratory Technician at Medecins Sans Frontieres – France appeared first on Jobs in Nigeria – http://jobsinnigeria.careers.