Laboratory Supervisor at Medecins Sans Frontieres (MSF) – France – TDPel Jobs
Medecins Sans Frontieres (MSF) is a private, not-for-profit international humanitarian organization dedicated to providing medical assistance to populations in distress, without discrimination and regardless of race, religion, creed, or political affiliation.
The French Section of Médecins Sans Frontières is currently recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Laboratory Supervisor
Employment Type: Contract
- Planning, organizing and carrying out laboratory activities and supervising the laboratory staff according to MSF protocols, security measures and hygiene standards, in order to support the MSF medical team in the diagnosis of patients’ diseases.
- Participating in the project planning and follow-up and reviewing the laboratory budget when necessary in order to support MSF’s medical activities.
- Ensuring the compliance of MSF hygiene and safety protocols, both individually and collectively as well as informing staff of existing biological risks.
- Performing laboratory tests and carrying out sample collection (serology, hematology, biochemistry, bacteriology, parasitology …) in accordance with prescriptions as well as ensuring that quality control tests are carried out regularly. Informing the doctor of the results of the tests and keeping a record of the analysis with data from patients.
- Covering lab technician and Microbiology lab technician in case of leaves and overload
- Training lab technician and other medical staff about any procedure related to lab.
- Better knowledge of all processes related to blood transfusion
- Ensuring proper management (cleaning, maintenance, arranging) of all laboratory equipment and the adequate supply of needed equipment and material in order to prevent stock-outs. This includes being responsible for all required automatic instrument calibration, ensuring that no material is taken out of laboratories without prior authorization and carrying out a proper storage system and conditions, inventory, etc. In cooperation with logistics department, ensuring that cold chain is properly maintained in Laboratory areas for both, samples and reagents.
- In the absence of a Laboratory Manager, ensuring proper registration and needs of all lab related activities and implementing a correct use of the associated management tool (EpyTryp. Etc.) in order to have a proper recording of laboratory activities. Preparing and sending slides/samples for external quality control.
- Ensuring that all staff using medical devices are qualified and trained. Ensuring cleaning and minor maintenance tasks are performed according to the protocols. Reporting any malfunction to the project biomedical service.
- Producing regular reports on the testing and on any issues / problems related to laboratory personnel and / or the material used.
- Essential degree as Laboratory Scientist
- Essential 2 years’ experience in a laboratory, preferably as a Lab Technician
- Desirable in MSF or another NGO, desirable in a clinical laboratory
- English language and Knowledge of local languages is an added advantage
- Essential computer literacy (word, excel and internet)
- Knowledge in Laboratory management
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Well organized with good communication skill
- Flexible and committed to assigned task
- Results, Teamwork
- Flexibility and Commitment
- Stress management
- 208 working hours per month and roster flexibility required.
According to MSF France salary grid.
Application Closing Date
7th August, 2021 (5pm).
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Please make sure to submit your application on or before the application deadline.
- Only successful applicants will be called for next steps.
- No monetary transactions, neither demands of favours in kind, nor other types of favouritism will be tolerated in the MSF recruitment process.
- MSF reserves the right to refuse hiring a candidate having benefitted from any such acts. All illicit demands may be pursued through the judicial system.
- MSF is an equal opportunity employer and encourages any Nigerian citizen to apply irrespective of race, gender, religion, creed, political affiliation.