Laboratory Inventory Manager at 54Gene – TDPel Jobs
54gene was founded in 2019 by Dr. Abasi Ene-Obong to address the significant gap in the global genomics market; Nearly 90% of genetic material used in pharmaceutical research is Caucasian. Only 2% is African, despite the fact that Africans and people of African ancestry are more genetically diverse than all other world populations combined.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Laboratory Inventory Manager
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Department: Laboratory Operations
Reports to: Head, Laboratory Administration
- We are seeking highly-motivated and enthusiastic individuals to join our team in the 54gene laboratory.
- Candidates must be willing to join a fast-paced environment, be willing to learn quickly, adapt to new environments and must have a keen interest in laboratory and research related activities. We welcome applications from non-Nigerian candidates as well.
- The Laboratory Inventory Officer will support the Lab administrator in managing the inventory operations of all the laboratory units at 54gene.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Work closely with the lab head of departments and procurement team to order and receive lab consumables and equipment.
- Verification, inspection, and acceptance of all requested items as they arrive and check quality and conformity against documentation.
- Assist in comparing purchase orders, invoices, delivery notes with the number of items supplied.
- Lead disbursement of requested items/consumables to the various laboratory units.
- Ensure the internal laboratory requisition form is signed by designated lab staff on collection of item (s).
- Ensure FIFO/FEFO principle is adhered to.
- Lead regular inventory audits process to determine inventory levels and needs.
- Work closely with Lab Managers to replenish each unit’s depleted stock.
- Ensure preparation of monthly inventory reports.
- Ensure that clear and organized records of reports and invoices are filed and stored properly.
Qualifications and Requirements
- 2 years of post-graduate experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree in any relevant science discipline.
- Additional certification in inventory management is an added advantage
Knowledge Experience and Skills:
- Proven experience in procurement, logistics or supply chain management.
- Basic understanding of lab equipment, consumables, and reagents.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Detail-oriented with excellent organizational and planning skills.
- Adherence to time and priority management.
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills.
- Can seamlessly work with Google Suites and other Microsoft office suites (i.e. Excel, word).
- Authorization to work in Nigeria
- The duties stated are intended to describe the general nature and level of work to be performed. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities and skills required. Other related duties may be assigned within scope of ability.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online