His representative confirmed to TMZ on Sunday that Jason David Frank, who portrayed Tommy Oliver in the original “Power Rangers,” passed away in Texas. He was 49.
Justine Hunt stated in a statement, “Please respect the privacy of his family and friends during this terrible time as we come to terms with the death of such a great human being.”
“He dearly loved his family, friends, and admirers. He will be sorely missed.”
Sources with direct information tell TMZ that Frank committed suicide; however, an official cause of death has not yet been determined.
Page Six has contacted Frank’s representative for more information.
In response to the devastating news, Frank’s former co-star on “Mighty Morphin Power Rangers,” Walter Jones, issued a statement to TMZ.
“He was an inspiration to countless individuals. His presence will be missed greatly. It’s really tragic to lose another Ranger,” said the actor who portrayed the original Black Ranger, Zack Taylor.
“Jason was one of the show’s biggest pranksters. “He had an eccentric sense of humor,” the speaker said. “We had our share of ups and downs, but I was always willing to lend him an ear if he needed it. My thoughts and prayers are with his family and all who will miss him.”
Jones, 51, also uploaded a photo of himself and Frank with Austin St. John and David Yost, who played Jason Lee Scott and Billy Cranston, respectively, in the original “Power Rangers.”
“Can’t believe that … RIP Jason David Frank, “ Jones captioned the pic. “It breaks my heart to lose another member of our unique family.
Blake Foster, who featured alongside Frank in the 1997 film “Turbo: The Power Rangers Movie,” took to social media to post a series of photos of his late co-star and buddy.
“I can’t believe that… Cried all night. again brokenhearted. My idol, our leader, my buddy, and an icon have perished. Foster, 37, captioned the image with the hashtags #RIPJDF and #WhiteRangerForever.
Please call the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 988 if you or someone you know is contemplating suicide.
↯↯↯Read More On The Topic On TDPel Media ↯↯↯
Also On TDPel Media
- RJ Barrett wanting to play Knicks final game before NBA trade deadline
- Thief kicks NYC straphanger down subway stairs: cops
- Biden immigration problem to cost NYC $4.2B, twice Eric Adams’ estimate
- Grammy-winning artist Zakes Bantwini’s net worth, booking fee, and other details
- Brandi Glanville Romanced Caroline Manzo’s While Filming ‘RHUGT’: Report
- US military releases pictures of Chinese spy balloon recovery
- Las Vegas man arrested for allegedly stealing pregnant woman’s 2 French bulldogs at gunpoint
- Two men arrested in 1975 murder of an Indiana schoolgirl who “fought for her life”
- Posthumous election of a mayoral candidate in Ecuador hours after a murder
- Travis Kelce quips that he must “start reproducing” to keep up with his brother Jason