Jason David Frank, who portrayed the Green Power Ranger Tommy Oliver on the 1990s children’s television series “Mighty Morphin Power Rangers,” has passed away, according to a statement released by his manager on Sunday. He was 49.
Frank’s manager, Justine Hunt, did not specify the reason of death or the date of death, but she did request “privacy of his family and friends during this terrible time as we come to terms with the loss of such a lovely human being.”
Walter Emmanuel Jones, the original Black Power Ranger who played alongside Frank in “Mighty Morphin Power Rangers,” expressed his disbelief on Instagram. Jones added, “My heart is broken to have lost another member of our precious family.” In 2001, at age 27, Thuy Trang, who portrayed the first Yellow Power Ranger, died in a car accident.
In 1993, Fox debuted “Mighty Morphine Power Rangers,” a show about five kids tasked with protecting the planet from evil, which went on to become a cultural phenomenon. Early in the first season, Rita Repulsa hypnotized Tommy Oliver, played by Frank, into being a villain. Soon later, he was inducted into the squad as the Green Ranger and became one of the show’s most popular characters.
Frank was eventually brought back as the White Ranger and team leader, despite his original job not being intended to be permanent. Frank’s Tommy Oliver resurfaced in spinoff television shows as different rangers, including the Red Zeo Ranger, the Red Turbo Ranger, and the Black Dino Ranger. In addition, he portrayed him in the films “Mighty Morphin Power Rangers: The Movie” and “Turbo: A Power Rangers Movie” and made a brief appearance in the 2017 revival of “Power Rangers.”
Frank, a martial arts practitioner, fought in multiple mixed martial arts bouts in 2009 and 2010.
TMZ previously reported that Tammie Frank, Frank’s second wife, filed for divorce in August. Frank leaves behind four children, one from his second marriage to Tammie Frank and three from his previous marriage to Shawna Frank.
↯↯↯Read More On The Topic On TDPel Media ↯↯↯
Also On TDPel Media
- Tennessee police chief fired after details of his involvement in Maegan Hall’s sex scandal emerge
- Gabby Petito selfie before Brian Laundrie driving stop exposes damaged face
- Real-life Spider-Man’s home – located at 20 Ingram Street – hit market for 2.138million
- Harry Potter actor Warwick Davis fights to keep a historic primary school open
- As Joe addresses the nation, CHRISTIAN WHITON asks, how do we win the new “Cold War” with China?
- “Drink-driving” Land Rover driver hits four parked cars before hitting fence
- Telstra phishing letter dupes recipients into a bogus effort to capture hackers
- Archie Battersbee’s mother tells the coroner that she does not know if he participated in the ‘blackout challenge’ on TikTok
- Trans Lives Matter demonstrators occupy Oklahoma State Capitol
- ‘Shocked’ granny, 68, fined £100 for “littering” after feeding ducks bread in river