IT Assistant at Danish Refugee Council (DRC) – TDPel Jobs
Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is a Danish international non-governmental organisation, which promotes and supports durable solutions to the problems faced by refugees and internally displaced people all over the world. DRC is present in more than 30 conflict territories around the world assisting displaced people with shelter, food, income-generating activities, and a wide range of other assistance. It is of utmost importance for DRC to work in compliance with the DRC Accountability and Quality Management system and national legislations. Smooth, reliable and effective operational systems are preconditions for DRC to maintain its position as a trustworthy and reliable partner for our donors and an accountable organisation towards our beneficiaries.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: IT Assistant
Employment type: Contract
Overview of the position
- Provide IT support to the programme by undertaking technical and practical operational tasks to ensure smooth, safe and efficient IT.
- Ensure internet is operational at all times, and breakdowns are addressed without delay in all sites offices
- Travel to different field locations to troubleshoot various issues with IT equipment and internet.
- Ensure that software and licenses are in place and in line with SCI IT policies and guidelines.
- Ensure that email systems have adequate protection and the antivirus is updated and installed in all DRC computers within Nigeria.
- Ensure back-up of document in office and support field offices in doing the same.
- Hardware management and maintenance IT equipment.
- Local access to all computers including printers, and Internet Access.
- To undertake basic training for staff on computer handling, usage and email etiquette, rollout same training in other offices.
- Reduce outsourcing IT services, such as printers and photocopiers wireless connectivity and preventive maintenance.
- Ensure paperwork is kept according to DRC’s policies and procedures of and filed neatly with supporting documents in respective files (in particular equipment issue vouchers.)
- The responsibilities listed in the JD are not exhaustive and may be readjusted according to operational needs but will remain in line with the overall purpose of the role.
- Competent and literate in English, verbal and written, with a sound knowledge of technical expressions
- Sound judgment and the ability to work effectively with others at all levels
- Strong assessment, evaluation, analysis and strategic planning skills
- IT literate, MS – Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Interpersonal communication and proven written / presentation skills
- Demonstrated ability to manage under stressful conditions
- Demonstrated knowledge of the historical and socio-political context of Nigeria.
- Experience in liaising with law enforcement agencies in Nigeria.
- Experience in managing incidents, incident mapping, developing and producing high quality security reports and assessments.
- Proven ability to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines
- Stable, reliable, moral and robust character and a good team-player
- Excellent communication skills, and a good sense of humour
- Proven commitment to accountability practices
- Very good computer skills.
- Knowledge of VSAT and router configuration
- Knowledge & experience of dealing with ISPs.
- 1 – 2 Work experience with non-governmental organizations (NGOs) and/or displaced population is a very strong asset.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in relevant field of IT.
- Fluency in written and spoken English. Fluency in local spoken languages. Eg Hausa
- All staff
- Human Resources
- Procurement & logistics
- Relevant stakeholders
- Availability: 15th June, 2021.
Salary and Conditions
- In accordance with Danish Refugee Council’s Terms of Employment;
- The income will be subject to statutory deductions as per applicable Nigeria laws. The employee is responsible for the tax returns.
Application Closing Date
8th June, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- The position is for Nigerian Nationals only.
- Applications sent / received after the deadline will not be considered.
- Due to the urgency of the position, applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and the post may be filled before the deadline.
- Only short-listed applicants will be invited for written test and oral interview.
- By working in DRC, you will be joining a global workforce of around 8000 employees in 40 countries. We pride ourselves on our:
- Professionalism, impact & expertise
- Humanitarian approach & the work we do
- Purpose, meaningfulness & own contribution
- Culture, values & strong leadership
- Fair compensation & continuous development
- DRC’s capacity to ensure the protection of and assistance to refugees, IDP’s and other persons of concern depends on the ability of our staff to uphold and promote the highest standards of ethical and professional conduct in relation DRC’s values and Code of Conduct, including safeguarding against sexual exploitation, abuse and harassment. DRC conducts thorough and comprehensive background checks as part of the recruitment process.