Imaging Scientist at Pyramids Diagnostic Services – TDPel Jobs
Pyramids Diagnostics Services was established to meet the critical desire to bridge the gap in the diagnostic arm of the health sector in Nigeria. Our services ranges from pre-admission medical examination, pre-employment medical examination. We conduct varying laboratory tests; molecular testing; paternity DNA testing, Hepatitis Virus Load, HIV viral load, BRACA I & II, HLA testing, cancer related testing etc.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Imaging Scientist
Location: Port Harcourt, Rivers
Employment Type: Full Time
- Prepare patient for diagnostic imaging exam.
- Ensures operation of radiology equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer’s instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs; maintaining equipment inventories; evaluating new equipment and techniques.
- Complies with federal, state, and local legal and professional requirements by studying existing and new legislation; anticipating future legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; advising management on needed actions.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Gains patient cooperation by reducing anxieties; providing explanations of treatment; answering questions.
- Minimizes radiation to patient and staff by practicing radiation protection techniques, using beam restrictive devices, patient shielding, and knowledge of exposure factors.
- Protects patients and employees by adhering to infection-control policies and protocols; following drug protocols in case of reactions to drugs, such as contrast media and using the emergency cart.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Documents patient care services by charting in patient and department records.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Maintains radiology supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed supplies; placing orders to administrators for supplies; verifying radiology supplies delivered by suppliers.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Radiography with possession of a provisional license to practice from the respective regulatory bodies is mandatory.
- Must have 4 years work experience.
- Patience, decisiveness and meticulousness.
- A desire to contribute to patient care and treatment.
- High level, clear and effective, oral and written communication skills
- A responsible and mature approach to their work.
- Excellent IT skills.
- Accuracy, with good attention to detail.
- A systematic approach to tasks and the ability to follow instructions and set procedures.
- Ability to work as part of a team as well as supervise the work of more junior staff in the laboratory.
- Use of MRI and CT Scan required.
Application Closing Date
4th June, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Application Letter with CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted