ICT Supervisor at Medecins Sans Frontieres (MSF) – Spain – TDPel Jobs
Medecins Sans Frontieres (MSF) is an independent international medical humanitarian organisation that delivers emergency aid in more than 60 countries to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, natural or man-made disasters or exclusion from healthcare.
MSF-Spain is recruiting to fill the position below
Job Title: ICT Supervisor
Job Code: LS03302
Area: Logistics and Supply
Working Hours: 48 per week
Job type: Contract – Duration 6 months
Report to: Logistics Coordinator
Report to (functional) : Logistics Coordinator / IT Technical Referent at HQ
- Supervising and monitoring the implementation of the systems and communications’ software and hardware in the mission, according to MSF standards, protocols and procedures in order to ensure the efficient use of ICT systems and equipment.
- Installs, maintains and monitors, the ICT systems and equipment in the mission (capital and projects)
- Supervises, plans and provides network security, supports and trains users, applies security management protocols (back-ups, anti-malware, updates and software patching, firewall protection, radio protection, etc.)
- Registers, reports and refers unsolved questions,problems and unusual requests, to the respective support units in order to actively provide solutions and ensure quality standards
- Trains local IT assistants on daily maintenance tasks and 1st level support, as well as the radio operators in order to improve ICT staff capabilities and to improve lead time response
- Together with the Logistics Coordinator, analyses the ICT needs of the mission, draws up a draft of the ICT budget, and designs an adapted strategy aiming to optimize the investment on information and communication technology
- Identifies and implements Information management practices to enhance the mission system’s effectiveness and reliability (development, check-up, deployment of applications, systems or new ITC standards, etc.)
- Compares quality of equipment, software and internet providers/services, in order to optimize buying decisions and to ensure local assistance
- Ensures questions and problems related to ICT are solved (if appropriate, according to MSF policies and procedures in force at any time).
- Registering, reports and refers unsolved questions and problems, as well as unusual requests, to the respective support units in order to actively provide solutions and ensure quality standards.
Place of Work:
- Abuja, but with frequent work visits to project sites in Zamfara, Gwoza, Maiduguri and Pulka.
MSF Section / Context Specific Accountabilities
- 50% of the time in the projects: Zamfara, Gwoza, Maiduguri and Pulka
- Monthly reports to Logistics Coordinator registering all the activities, problems, solutions proposed and plans for following month
- Responsible of updating monthly IT material inventory, location, passwords and status
- Responsible of configuring computers and printers according to MSF standards and programmes
- In collaboration with field logs follows the radio set up in the projects: adequate signal of HF and VHF, operational bases, antennas, car equipment and handsets
- Supports fields in drafting the orders of spares and replacements
- Daily Vsat monitoring in projects for internet connectivity.
- Essential: Advanced Diploma in IT.
- Desirable: Degree in Technical Engineering / Computer Science.
- At least 2 years in IT related jobs.
- Desirable experience in radio
- Desirable experience in administration and recovery of backups (MS, C, Veritas, etc.).
- Essential, Mission working language; essential working knowledge of English and good command of ICT Language.
- Administration of Operational Systems (XP-Pro, W7, W2003 Server, Linux)
- MS Office 2003/2007/2010
- Microsoft Networks configuration and set up (network components –switch and routers-, Ethernet, wifi, Bluetooth)
- Protocols: TCP/IP, LAN, WAN
- Apps development languages: platforms.NET, Java, Eclipse RCP
- Configuration and set up of networks: Desktops, Laptops and peripheric
- Mail clients: Outlook, Mozilla, Lotus
- Picture creation: ISO, MDF, CSO, etc.
- Antivirus: Kaspersky
- Other: SAP R3, Citrix, Remote Desktop Access.
- Results and Quality Orientation L2
- Teamwork and Cooperation L2
- Behavioural Flexibility L2
- Commitment to MSF Participles L2
- Stress Management L3.
As per the MSF salary scale (National contract).
Application Closing Date
16th July, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted
- MSF Encourages Women and People with disability Status to apply