A Florida mother on a tight budget is proud of herself for repurposing her children’s old Happy Meal toys into Christmas ornaments.
Rachael Harrison, age 31, repurposed the trinkets using a small screwdriver, screws, and black ribbon for approximately $15, or nearly the cost of four Happy Meals.
While some parents may scoff at the tacky decorations, Harrison’s children, Madeline, 6, and Drake, 2, enjoyed the outcome.
Harrison told SWNS, “As a sentimental mother, as I was clearing out my children’s toy box, it was like a light bulb went out.”
“I suddenly wondered, Why don’t I make them into ornaments?
Madeline and Drake rummaged through the Happy Meal toys, many of which, according to Harrison, had Disney-related themes. They were permitted to keep the ones that still possessed magical properties.
The mother, a cosmetics artist, remembers that Madeline’s pocket contained a little kitten.
Harrison shared her pearls of wisdom by stating, “These are all toys that were previously their favorites, and I retain them for the memories.”
She stated that she used a screwdriver to insert a hoop into the toys and threaded ribbon through so that they could dangle from the branches. Reportedly, both children have a little tree in their rooms. Obviously, they are enjoying the look.
Harrison invites other parents to experiment with eco-friendly, shatterproof, and incredibly inexpensive Christmas ornaments.
She grinned, “It means a great deal to me to have items from my children’s youth.”
↯↯↯Read More On The Topic On TDPel Media ↯↯↯
Also On TDPel Media
- Florida adolescent Aiden Fucci admits to fatally stabbing 13-year-old cheerleader Tristyn Bailey
- Former Goldman Sachs executive Harvey Schwartz has been named CEO of Carlyle Group
- Bethany Hamilton, a surfer, says she will not compete against trans women
- I almost perished from $117K in black-market BBL injections
- “The View” Jokes About Bored Ben Affleck at Grammys: “J.Lo Should’ve Brought” Mum
- National Enquirer acquired for $100 million to indicted former MoviePass CEO: report
- Dell is eliminating almost 6,500 positions as the PC market declines
- Rasta The Artist honors Riky Rick at Cotton Festival 2023
- Emirates now offers MORE Cape Town flights
- Juan and Robyn Dixon’s “special” second wedding after cheating scandal